Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Salary Cap Thread: All I want for Christmas is a roster who has cares to give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't disagree that Kane causes locker room issues by the way, but let's not cite fights at practice as proof of that. Fights at practice happen literally all of the time throughout the league because practices are intense as hell. We've heard this a bunch of times when Hornqvist was here, he was always balls to the wall even in practice and got into scrums regularly.

Bring up the Winnipeg situation as proof of Kane having issues in the locker room. A scrap at practice is nothing.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Crosby has 3 goals in his last 14 playoff games, so therefore he sucks too and is a playoff liability.

Am I doing this right?

what a terrible argument haha. Go find me kanes conn smythe and cups while your plucking stats. Kane has 13pts in 29 playoff games. He’s a -9 with 84 pim.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I just find it so annoying that if you dont want to trade for Kane, you dont care about this team or winning. Such a garbage argument. Like Kane isnt some savior. You can be objective not want him while still wanting the team to make a move and get better.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Could someone please give me some bullet points for what Kane actually has done throughout his career that made people hate him so much? I wanna see if I missed something over the years. People often talk about him like the scum of the Earth, like you would about a hardened criminal.
Please don't list things that were never confirmed btw.

Google

Reactions: Turin

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't disagree that Kane causes locker room issues by the way, but let's not cite fights at practice as proof of that. Fights at practice happen literally all of the time throughout the league because practices are intense as hell. We've heard this a bunch of times when Hornqvist was here, he was always balls to the wall even in practice and got into scrums regularly.

Bring up the Winnipeg situation as proof of Kane having issues in the locker room. A scrap at practice is nothing.

If you look at every incident in isolation and ignore that he almost fought his coach, sure.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There are also undocumented things that happen on a small local level as Soggy could almost surely tell you. I knew multiple people personally who had negative experiences with Kane at bars and restaurants in Winnipeg, and I don’t mean negative like they wanted his picture or something and he was rude. Nobody in the city liked him. He was the opposite of a fan favourite at a grassroots level haha.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just find it so annoying that if you dont want to trade for Kane, you dont care about this team or winning. Such a garbage argument. Like Kane isnt some savior. You can be objective not want him while still wanting the team to make a move and get better.
Yes, he's just a piece. Just a Forward. But could be an important piece, because he could improve Malkin and Kap's performance. As things stands they will likely be held back by their left winger.
We get bodied in the playoffs a lot, and he can deal with that.

Plus he'd be a terrific option on the right wall on PP1. Scored 14 PPG's in 64 games in 2019-20. Can score from range, and we're perimeter kings.

Not a savior, but an extremely good fit on the ice at 3.5 mil...if the Sharks were willing to do that.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Man, you are really stretching it here. Are you saying Kane sucks as a player now?

No Im not. But I am saying he's not going to come in and save this team. I dont see the reward to the risk. Kane is a good player but if other players are giving flack for not showing up in the playoffs, he should too.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yes, he's just a piece. Just a Forward. But could be an important piece, because he could improve Malkin and Kap's performance. As things stands they will likely be held back by their left winger.
We get bodied in the playoffs a lot, and he can deal with that.

Plus he'd be a terrific option on the right wall on PP1. Scored 14 PPG's in 64 games in 2019-20. Can score from range, and we're perimeter kings.

Not a savior, but an extremely good fit on the ice at 3.5 mil...if the Sharks were willing to do that.

Sure he could be. He could also come in with a crap attitude and but heads with Geno and sid. There is just as much downside as there is upside. Is he gona be ok playing on the third line?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
No Im not. But I am saying he's not going to come in and save this team. I dont see the reward to the risk. Kane is a good player but if other players are giving flack for not showing up in the playoffs, he should too.
He and no one else would not be asked to come and save the team. Kane would be an over the top piece.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He and no one else would not be asked to come and save the team. Kane would be an over the top piece.

I mean Kane is a good player. I just dont think he is the missing piece. I get why people want him. I just do not think he is worth the risk. Zucker hasn't been bad this year. He hasn't been as good as Kane could be either. I just don't know if moving Zucker out to bring in Kane is the right move. I also dont trust Sully to handle the situation well.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't give a shit what role Kane is playing in if he's playing for a championship team. Brown's a perfect example of a guy who had major character issues but was well behaved for long enough to be a part of a championship team.
And yet, he’s currently suspended for falsifying a Covid vaccine card. Kane is a different level of scum bag.

This team doesn’t have the balls to stand up to him if he steps out of line. You need a Billy G or someone in the locker room to kick his ass if he doesn’t work, not Crosby who would ask him to change suits or something, thinking it had to do with being superstitious.

Do you really see any of our guys standing up to Kane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad