Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Post-Apocalyptic Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Except that the jackass head coach never even tried the back up goalie. Not sitting Jarry was a colossal mistake. Not pulling him after any of those goals in game 6 was comical.

Allowing turd Jarry to lose one game after another, and doing absolutely nothing about it, was unacceptable. You can’t just point blame at Jarry without asking well what did the coaches do about his poor play for the entire series? If the answer is nothing, that’s a shitty coach, and the coach should shoulder blame as well.
I have stronger faith in Tristan Jarry bouncing back than I do in putting Maxime Friggin Legace in net during a playoff game.

If DeSmith was available, it would have been a different story.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I didn't expect it, but I had some hope they'd fire Sullivan.

Why? From their point of view, he guided them to first despite a bunch of injuries, and the team lost in the playoffs largely due to horrible goaltending.

Which is why I'm kind of disappointed that it sounds like a]Jarry is going to be the starter next year and b]minimal changes. I just don't see how this team makes any noise with Jarry in nets and with pretty much the same roster (minus the expansion draft loss) returning.

I was kind of hoping Hextall/Burke would put their own stamp on the team, not just continuing to trot out Rutherford's team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Why? From their point of view, he guided them to first despite a bunch of injuries, and the team lost in the playoffs largely due to horrible goaltending.

Which is why I'm kind of disappointed that it sounds like a]Jarry is going to be the starter next year and b]minimal changes. I just don't see how this team makes any noise with Jarry in nets and with pretty much the same roster (minus the expansion draft loss) returning.

I was kind of hoping Hextall/Burke would put their own stamp on the team, not just continuing to trot out Rutherford's team.

Because we have a team that is supposedly "win now" and has done anything but.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Pens media (Borque, Steigerwald, Errey, Savran, Madden, Kovacevic) are all behind the idea of trading Malkin (DK says don't break up the core now but that's just because he's reading the tea leaves this year IMO, he changed his tune). A month ago Errey is saying on Pens broadcasts that the Pens need Malkin to win the Stanley Cup. I feel like this guy's been traded in the media every season since 2008. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out if that's what he chooses. Pens don't win any of their Cups without him, and in several years don't make the playoffs without him. Did that suddenly change this year or did I miss something?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Can’t wait to see a full season of Zucker-Malkin next year!!

They're sooooo dreamy out there. As in like a "smoked 10 pounds of dirtweed and huffed a bunch of gasoline fever dream" kinda dreamy.

Hey I bet somebody has charts that say they're fantastic, though. We love charts. Where's the friggin charts?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because we have a team that is supposedly "win now" and has done anything but.

I'm not saying *I* don't agree with you. I'm saying from Hextall/Burke's perspective, why would you think they'd fire Sullivan after the season he had? It's clear they believe that it was *only* questionable goaltending that cost them the first round series, not anything Sullivan did.

But that's why I said, if that's the case, then I'm annoyed by the fact it sounds like they want to keep Jarry as the starter and want to keep the same roster (minus who we lose in the ED) for next year.

Either the coach needed to be changed or the roster needed to be overhauled. Doing neither is the part I find weird.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They weren't. Zucker was bad on the charts.

Unpossible! He was playing such a big role with a guy that he had zero chemistry with and who had just returned from injury in the most crucial part of the year! And after being consistently bumped down the lineup due to poor play ahead of that. SURELY there was some justification?!?

Nah man I think you need to look at more charts. This coach is very smart and very right, after all.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Unpossible! He was playing such a big role with a guy that he had zero chemistry with and who had just returned from injury in the most crucial part of the year! And after being consistently bumped down the lineup due to poor play ahead of that. SURELY there was some justification?!?

Nah man I think you need to look at more charts. This coach is very smart and very right, after all.

Maybe Malkin is requesting Zucker.

People assume that Crosby plays with who he does because he tells the coach who to play with him, so maybe we should make the same assumption when the same guy keeps being put next to Malkin. ;)

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm not saying *I* don't agree with you. I'm saying from Hextall/Burke's perspective, why would you think they'd fire Sullivan after the season he had? It's clear they believe that it was *only* questionable goaltending that cost them the first round series, not anything Sullivan did.

But that's why I said, if that's the case, then I'm annoyed by the fact it sounds like they want to keep Jarry as the starter and want to keep the same roster (minus who we lose in the ED) for next year.

Either the coach needed to be changed or the roster needed to be overhauled. Doing neither is the part I find weird.

Yeah, I guess that part is bizarre.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol... of course the local dolts are behind the trade Malkin idea... they're a bunch of lapdog cowards with zero original ideas. Plus what else are they going to talk about? Analyzing this team too deeply and talking about it on air might get their press passes revoked!

Better to just stir the same idiotic pot they have been for 10+ years.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maybe Malkin is requesting Zucker.

People assume that Crosby plays with who he does because he tells the coach who to play with him, so maybe we should make the same assumption when the same guy keeps being put next to Malkin. ;)

Ha... for the record I never thought that.

And frankly if that is the case than Sullivan is an even bigger weakling than I assumed.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I have stronger faith in Tristan Jarry bouncing back than I do in putting Maxime Friggin Legace in net during a playoff game.

If DeSmith was available, it would have been a different story.
How did you have ANY faith left in Jarry to even play in that game? Legace might have played as poorly, but for Christ sake, try something else. Line one sucked, our goalie sucked, but nothing was done about it.

Make some god damn adjustments. Sully game planned for this series in February and never deviated from the script until it was too late. I just feel like we went down without a fight.

Last edited:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
What is the fascination with Teddy Blueger? Why are we 'protecting' him?

I gotta agree with others. Mario and Burkle could care less about Cups anymore. They care about their 'sellout streak' and selling stupid looking jerseys. Mario embarrassed himself years ago with his crybaby letter to the league about other teams playing too rough. Since that did absolutely nothing to change the league, and his teams and coaches have gotten softer each year, he obviously is out of touch with reality.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
What is the fascination with Teddy Blueger? Why are we 'protecting' him?

I gotta agree with others. Mario and Burkle could care less about Cups anymore. They care about their 'sellout streak' and selling stupid looking jerseys. Mario embarrassed himself years ago with his crybaby letter to the league about other teams playing too rough. Since that did absolutely nothing to change the league, and his teams and coaches have gotten softer each year, he obviously is out of touch with reality.

Yeah, I wish Lemieux would've taken a different path after that letter.

Hated winning two cups while watching Crosby get CROSSCHECKED.

Reactions: rmartin65

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I got no attachment to TB. He's probably capable of being the 3C long term, but by the time Carter's outta here, it's not gonna matter. Hell, if we're sticking with McCann, he's probably the 3C if they ever want to play him where he's said he feels most comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad