Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Cole's House of Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
oxNqY.jpg
Good sauce is good sauce, mate.
Go peak at Boston’s defense and the fact Marchand will be barely healed from a hernia surgery and Pasta is out.

Also NYI lost Greiss and Toews and have yet to sign Barzal.
Boston looking to sign a 50yr old Chara for another year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Go peak at Boston’s defense and the fact Marchand will be barely healed from a hernia surgery and Pasta is out.

Also NYI lost Greiss and Toews and have yet to sign Barzal.

Ah good point on Boston. Forgot about injury issues.

I guess we will see. I’m not all that confident in this team but maybe that’s pessimism speaking and not reality. Admittedly I haven’t paid a ton of attention to the moves of every other team this “off season”.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Chara has been carried by McAvoy the past couple seasons. I take Ceci over Chara at this point despite Ceci sucking ass.
I'd take Chara simply for his strength and huge wingspan. Ceci couldn't move a baby from in front of the net.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
First off I don't care what you think. Secondly, your assessment on players and this inane narrative of yours concerning name recognition is absurd. Hino isn't a huge name, TVR isn't either. It's not about name it's about ability.

But performance wise, the difference between guys like Jank, ERod, Ceci, TvR, and Hino are a wash. You just like one name better than the other. That's what I'm saying. That's my inane narrative...I guess...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
But performance wise, the difference between guys like Jank, ERod, Ceci, TvR, and Hino are a wash. You just like one name better than the other. That's what I'm saying. That's my inane narrative...I guess...
Performance wise I prefer Hino who's pretty tenacious on the forecheck. I think there's value to the little things that players do that aren't necessarily in the numbers and away from the puck. Those things matter also.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Could've had Soderberg or Haula at the same price as Janko and Erod. lmao, JR really messed up this off-season.

Two legit Good 3Cs available for nothing and he doesn't get them, instead signs Ceci.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Could've had Soderberg or Haula at the same price as Janko and Erod. lmao, JR really messed up this off-season.

Two legit Good 3Cs available for nothing and he doesn't get them, instead signs Ceci.
Haha don’t poke the bears around here.

It’s clear JR dramatically misjudged the free agent market this off-season. But you’d never know that from reading most of the posts here.

Signing fringe NHL players instead of guys like Soderberg, Haula, etc. should be a fireable mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Chara at 65 (and this isn't hyperbole), better than Ceci defensively.
I mean, you're beyond wrong, but stick to that narrative.

Ceci is a depth player that if our coach has actually grown from the last 3yrs, won't play him as a regular and if he's earned the right to be a regular and plays well, then we win and why would we be mad at that?

Ceci was trash when his usage was above what he should be playing at, in other places like Toronto and Ottawa, they were using him in top 4 roles at times, you think that's his problem or his usage problem? That's like being mad at Jack Johnson for being John Marino's partner. Guess who played him there.

If Ceci's entire role is to fight for a #6 job with Riikola, Ruhwedel, and Trotman and he is rotated in with R&R, then so be it. But in a usage of 12-14mins max and in a PK role, he's probably fine and that is hardly something to really freak out about.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean, you're beyond wrong, but stick to that narrative.

Ceci is a depth player that if our coach has actually grown from the last 3yrs, won't play him as a regular and if he's earned the right to be a regular and plays well, then we win and why would we be mad at that?

Ceci was trash when his usage was above what he should be playing at, in other places like Toronto and Ottawa, they were using him in top 4 roles at times, you think that's his problem or his usage problem? That's like being mad at Jack Johnson for being John Marino's partner. Guess who played him there.

If Ceci's entire role is to fight for a #6 job with Riikola, Ruhwedel, and Trotman and he is rotated in with R&R, then so be it. But in a usage of 12-14mins max and in a PK role, he's probably fine and that is hardly something to really freak out about.
I'm not as worried about Ceci as I am the bottom six. That said I'm not in favor of signing him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Haha don’t poke the bears around here.

It’s clear JR dramatically misjudged the free agent market this off-season. But you’d never know that from reading most of the posts here.

Signing fringe NHL players instead of guys like Soderberg, Haula, etc. should be a fireable mistake.
As far as potential 3C gets we could have gotten, those two are the ones I've used the most (Haula and Soderberg). It's great to see someone else who actually has a clue as well. lol

I think Shady also mentioned Haula.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Did you guys know we missed out on Haula and Soderberg?

Not sure many people know Haula. He was a perfect 3C for Minnesota and did a great job in Vegas at 2C. Has some injury concerns, but could’ve been a real steal for us.

Soderberg has aged out, but for a mil we should have definitely took the chance.

Anyone else feel like we really screwed the pooch here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad