Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread| 11 Days - TDL Being "Center" of Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Go....

Last post...

CheckingLineCenter Said:

I like Jarmo, good talent evaluator, good drafter, but I think he’s mishandled Columbus in going for it.

Like I get it was a big deal they won a playoff series but all those guys left, they had nothing to show for Panarin/Bob and spent more on Dzingel, Duchene, etc. Idc about your team history, one playoff series win, even over record setting TB, is not a big deal.

Then Laine for Dubois when you have Torts. Value is fine but everyone could see this coming. They got Roslovic but unless it clicks, which I doubt, that’s a tough move to lose your 1C.

Feel like he could’ve swallowed his pride and sold off back a couple years ago, recouped assets and Columbus would have super bright future.

Instead, they’re just gonna have to go through same thing with Werenski, and then Jones. The cycle will continue.​

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I loved what Jarmo did that year though. He knew he wasn't keep Panarin and that franchise really needed a win. Hard to fault the guy with the moves he made. It doesn't always work out. It doesn't work out for 30 NHL every season.

That said, I am still a bit baffled that Torts still has a job. Man alive when you lose big talent after talent because they quit on the team...I would can the guy before I lost Laine to be honest.

On a Pens note, I am anxious to see what Zucker brings when he is back. I don't see any additions we made being a wing. I think it's center or bust. Even if it's bust, I still think we could be okay. I really like Gaudreau in the lineup as well. I think he's superseded Jank as the 3 or 4C. I see no reason to have Jank in and Gaudreau out when everyone is healthy.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I
On a Pens note, I am anxious to see what Zucker brings when he is back. I don't see any additions we made being a wing. I think it's center or bust. Even if it's bust, I still think we could be okay. I really like Gaudreau in the lineup as well. I think he's superseded Jank as the 3 or 4C. I see no reason to have Jank in and Gaudreau out when everyone is healthy.

Depends on whether you think McCann should move back to W or stay at C imo.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010

I wonder if him sitting out and watching the way Geno and Kap played before injuries got them (shocker) will help him mesh better when (if) they are all healthy.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Time is running out for Hextall to make a move. He’s lasted this long without helping the offense, hopefully he doesn’t last another two weeks.

Let’s complete this roster for a playoff run.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Time is running out for Hextall to make a move. He’s lasted this long without helping the offense, hopefully he doesn’t last another two weeks.

Nope. I think they believe that they already have all the pieces needed and that they just need to get them back and they’ll be set for the postseason....

God help us...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Nope. I think they believe that they already have all the pieces needed and that they just need to get them back and they’ll be set for the postseason....

God help us...

How is time running out?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Because the deadline is in 2 weeks...

He might wait till the day of and teams know if or not they make the playoffs. They're more likely to make a move then.

Anyhow they both said in the media that its hard to make a deal right now with what JR left them all the picks gone and the cap situation. They told you what was up

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yea fringe teams want to wait till the end. A lot of hockey can happen in two weeks.

We played 5 games in 7 days.

What if we went 0 points in those games.

My move is getting Taylor Hall now.
Guy has a NMC and didn't play well. Guy is cheap and makes us a lot better.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Depends on whether you think McCann should move back to W or stay at C imo.

I think that will depend more of who is available. If their only hope is Hall at wing, then welcome to center Jared! If we can get a quality 3/4C like say Eakin or Haula, I think they will look to keep McCann at wing.

I wonder if him sitting out and watching the way Geno and Kap played before injuries got them (shocker) will help him mesh better when (if) they are all healthy.

I think it had way more to do with conditioning than anything. Zucker was a guy who played the game a certain way with speed. Take the speed away, it changes how you can play the game. I expect 1-2 games getting the rust off but after that, I am hoping that his conditioning is where it needs to be. With the skating he's been doing, hopefully he has been able to do it. My guess is that they wouldn't allow him to play until the assessment of conditioning came back good (or acceptable).

I just wish that Zucker was replacing Sceviour or Jankowski instead of Angello.

Yea fringe teams want to wait till the end. A lot of hockey can happen in two weeks.

We played 5 games in 7 days.

What if we went 0 points in those games.

My move is getting Taylor Hall now.
Guy has a NMC and didn't play well. Guy is cheap and makes us a lot better.

I think TDL day will be interesting. Seems like every year they say it will be busy, it isn't and every year they say it will not be busy, it is. I still think we can get outbid for Hall pretty easily by nearly any team. Buffalo being in the conference too makes it tough.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

God help us...

When 100% healthy:

Jake-Sid-Rust
McCann-Malkin-Kapanen
Zucker-Bleuger-Tanev
ZAR-Gaudreau-ERod

Dumo-Letang
Matheson-Ceci
Pettersson-Marino

TJ/CDS

I know you are Mr. Negative trying to take the shit posting title away from Pens X, but humor me and point out when you see glaring gaps in the lineup that would justify "God help us..."

Having a guy on pace for 25 goals on the 4th line is decent.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Scott Burnside of The Athletic speculates Bobby Ryan, Luke Glendening would be fits for the Pens. Also suggests Marcus Pettersson might be a fit for any deal with Detroit or Buffalo.

Burnside also says Dylan Strome would be a potential fit for the Penguins, but he doesn't think Chicago will trade him.
Who stays, who goes? A look at players from The Athletic's Big Trade Board who could move or stay put

Man oh man would a Pettersson for Strome trade be epic. That said, if you bring in Strome that really affects the ED considerations and would signal that they don't think Bleuger is a long term fit...would be sad. Ryan, maybe but I don't see him as a top 6 guy and then I have to questions what sense he makes as a bottom 6 wing here.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Zucker-Geno-Kappy
ERod-McCann-Ryan
BART

...maybe.

Glendening I'm not sure is necessary as I don't see him providing any more than Gaudreau does at the moment. Unless it's Petts for Glendening+ and we bank the cap space afterwards.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
If Ryan is very cheap he might be a decent add just for depth purposes, but I think getting another capable bottom 6 center should be the Pens' priority.

Taylor Hall interests me if only because he SHOULD be really good and his value is at an all time low, but at this point I'm borderline superstitious that the guy has bad juju.

Reactions: Lustaf

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
If Ryan is very cheap he might be a decent add just for depth purposes, but I think getting another capable bottom 6 center should be the Pens' priority.

Taylor Hall interests me if only because he SHOULD be really good and his value is at an all time low, but at this point I'm borderline superstitious that the guy has bad juju.
Hall is too expensive for the risk. Yes, he's a UFA, but he'll still cost valuable assets for a guy who doesn't have a track record of winning and with a large cap hit, even when it's prorated.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Man oh man would a Pettersson for Strome trade be epic. That said, if you bring in Strome that really affects the ED considerations and would signal that they don't think Bleuger is a long term fit...would be sad. Ryan, maybe but I don't see him as a top 6 guy and then I have to questions what sense he makes as a bottom 6 wing here.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Zucker-Geno-Kappy
ERod-McCann-Ryan
BART

...maybe.

Glendening I'm not sure is necessary as I don't see him providing any more than Gaudreau does at the moment. Unless it's Petts for Glendening+ and we bank the cap space afterwards.
Glendening has had ten or more goals three times in his career. Gaudreau has four total goals in his entire career in the regular season.

Glendening for his career has performed at a 55% rate in the faceoff dot. Gaudreau is 48.5%.

Gaudreau has been a nice find for a few games, but let's not get carried away.

Glendening would immediately strengthen the offense in the bottom six, the team's performance in the faceoff circle, and the PK.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Seeing the line up tonight and Jank is back in just bothers the crap out of me. At what point does sully see he is simply not good enough despite the injuries of the forwards. It seems Angelo is on the sideline which is nonsense vs the Isles. sully has some strong points but some times he bylsma's his favorites to much.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't see much that Ryan offers that the team doesn't already have.

If you assume they'll actually break up BART, you just need to acquire a good 4C and go with McCann-Blueger-Tanev and ZAR-Trade-ERod. If they won't break up BART, you just need a 4th line LWer, which you may already have in Zohorna.

Reactions: EightyOne

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Glendening has had ten or more goals three times in his career. Gaudreau has four total goals in his entire career in the regular season.

Glendening for his career has performed at a 55% rate in the faceoff dot. Gaudreau is 48.5%.

Glendening would immediately strengthen the offense in the bottom six, the team's performance in the faceoff circle, and the PK.

Hmmm...thanks for that response. Gives me something to think about.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Man oh man would a Pettersson for Strome trade be epic. That said, if you bring in Strome that really affects the ED considerations and would signal that they don't think Bleuger is a long term fit...would be sad.

Strome's a guy who's shown effort/skating issues and who is struggling after not being with a bunch of talent. I cannot think of a worse fit for our bottom six.

I notice in the article they reckon Sam Bennett could be had for a 3rd. I'd do that.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
TB and Malkin both have been in off ice rehab and have not been skating at all. So it does seem to me Hextall no matter what we are winning mantra, needs to upgrade the roster. GMJR blew it badly in the Brassard trade and I would have fired him for not understanding the chemistry and the team was playing really well and blowing up the teams grit and comfort level. Hopefully Hextall knows that element and makes moves to enhance the teams comfort level. Meaning some more grit and get the softies out of here.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Well said. I'd also add that Glendening is used to eating dZS (career is at 65% dZS), is a RHD center which the Pens don't have any of, and he's physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad