Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap: Hextall's Revenge

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
New thread as the old one is full.

I dunno to be honest. It just sounds like the sort of idea that'd come out of half a bottle of whisky minimum. But. A lot of what you say makes sense. Matheson has been productive on PPs when given chances. Now you've said it I kinda want to see it.

Hell, Matheson could rotate to net front for lulz himself at times too. It's not like he'd be easy to shift.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's one of our better zone entry guys too.

He'd probably be really good at giving up shorthanded goals.

Thanks. Beyond just the Phil-placement, there's the issue of Malkin-at-point. I really, really don't like it anymore. The slapper is not good enough to outweigh all of the myriad issues.

You look around the team and it's tough to find a better non-Malkin guy at point aside from Matheson. It'd be kinda fun to ask Sid to play point but I don't think he'd be all that good at it.

Dude, Malkin can't even backskate.

No way that having a different guy up top yields more shorties.

You need to watch Matheson 1v1 more often.

sully would use him as a net front guy instead.:dunno:

Did Simon clear waivers?

Yeah. All players places on waivers yesterday did

Putting the P before the A and the I before the first N in Analytics.

For what it’s worth, Detroit has their Assistant GM scouting the Pens game tonight and it’s been the fourth or fifth time Detroit has scouted the Pens this year...I hope the Pens are looking at Bertuzzi or Mantha and that Detroit is looking at Petts...

Depends on the direction in which you choose to go this summer, but, if you are going THAT kind of retooling direction, yes it does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad