Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salad Cap Thread: Craving Top 6 (Buffalo) Wings and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The team has a few issues, for sure.

I just take issue with the idea that depth is the only, or even the most important issue when we can't hit the broad side of a barn door on the PP. The PP needs a personnel upgrade badly, and it won't come internally.

also, Cups since we lost the corpse of Kunitz and MAF: 0

We have the talent on the PP, but if they don't shoot, adding someone won't necessarily fix that. TBH I doubt if we add anyone they'll immediately get onto the 1st PP unit anyhow. Who you gonna kick off? Our issue in regards to lack of quality depth is a much bigger concern IMO.

The problems with our PP started at a very specific time, for a very specific reason. And it's not hard to kick off Guentzel or Rust.

What about something for Andreas Johnsson? It’d be like adding Tanev’s contract again, but if it’s for Petts, we’d save. He looked like a greet utility type forward in his Toronto days. Has 6 points on the year in 22 gp. Dude played 6 minutes last game and 12 the one prior.

Petts for Johnsson doesn’t seem horrible to me. Also has the history/prior chemistry with Kappy.

Continue...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I want Kappy tried for games at the LW wall, not just a PP here or there...before we go just picking up a guy. It could change the dynamics and it may not.

He seems like a shit player when not in motion but definitely worth a look.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
I've been out of town for 1 month but can somebody catch me up on why POJ isn't playing? Did his play slip or did other guys who were hurt just come back? What am I missing?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want Kappy tried for games at the LW wall, not just a PP here or there...before we go just picking up a guy. It could change the dynamics and it may not.

Yeah, and next you'll say Malkin shouldn't be a decoy most of the time on the PP. :popcorn:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I've been out of town for 1 month but can somebody catch me up on why POJ isn't playing? Did his play slip or did other guys who were hurt just come back? What am I missing?

Hes played well, we dont want him to wear and he can still learn playing down.

Plus as others have said we are getting healthy and I hate to say it but we do have some d depth.

Future looks promising for him

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
It’s March, not February?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hes played well, we dont want him to wear and he can still learn playing down.

Plus as others have said we are getting healthy and I hate to say it but we do have some d depth.

Future looks promising for him

Yeah, but his play slipped too. I'd still take where it slipped to and 3M cap space over Pettersson, but POJ's play made the decision to send him down a lot easier and a lot easier to justify.

cc: @JBose7

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, but his play slipped too. I'd still take where it slipped to and 3M cap space over Pettersson, but POJ's play made the decision to send him down a lot easier and a lot easier to justify.

cc: @JBose7
Ok thanks a lot. I couldn't listen to the radio or watch the games cause I didnt get NHL tv so when i watched the last game I saw Dumolin was back but then tonight I saw Marino was scratched so I was trying to figure out why not POJ but it must be a " not playing on his strong side thing". Thanks for the updates guys

Reactions: KIRK

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It’s March, not February?

I see I'm not the only one who has that theory about the timing of scratching POJ.

I don't even mind that much. Would just be funny if Morehouse tapped Sully on the shoulder about it.

Still POJ is a very promising prospect and future top-4 LD.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
They should sit MP a few games and let POJ play a bit imo. They play a similar game, but POJ seems to have a higher ceiling

Besides MP could do with a couple games off to go hard in the nachos and gain some weight

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Play started to slip. And others were getting healthy.

I noticed that after a bad play by a 4th liner against NYR, Errey made a point of saying something about "Sully isn't going to like that play, you can ask some players that aren't in the lineup at the moment about how Sully feels about that" in regards to a bad turnover IIRC.

Kinda funny to hear something like that confirmed by a commentator. Clearly Sully wasn't quiet internally about why POJ isn't in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad