• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This has nothing to do with being a good match on this line.

I’m also not attached to the idea that Buch must play with KZ but Fast is not a long term solution there, only in a pinch.
I beg to differ. We don't KNOW that for sure. Kreids is a beast in the corners and Fast is pretty good and very deft and is on you in a heartbeat. Causes turnovers, and regains puck for awaiting Zbad shot. This really could work, and I just wanna see more before I give in to the "theory" that Fast doesn't belong there.
AV can't be wrong all the time......can he? Let's roll with this, we have nothing to lose.

Reactions: belford222

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah what makes her a super fan aside from being at most of the games when she could be literally anywhere in the world, knowing the current team well as players and having close personal relationships with most of the franchises best players ever?

...Is that not enough?

I didn’t love all the oohing and ahhing over the game and I wouldn’t really want celebrities doing commentary with any regularity but having her on for the first was some light hearted fun imo.
Yeah, I'm with you. She's there because she "wants to be". Close to her Rangers. Isn't that what we all are? Good on her. I'm sure she wasn't there specifically to be on TV or be a part of the telecast. It was just a small attempt at additional entertainment for maybe the casual fan. Lots of Sarandon fans out there. And I think most of those ooohs, and aaaah's came when players were very near her. I probably would've done the same. Remember there were no reahearsals.....she's an actor not a commentator. Jeez, why are people so critical?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
When you allow yourself to be infuriated by things you see on the internet, THAT'S when you get in trouble with moderators. Please, for the love of every god ever, report problem posts to us instead of replying to them.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, I'm with you. She's there because she "wants to be". Close to her Rangers. Isn't that what we all are? Good on her. I'm sure she wasn't there specifically to be on TV or be a part of the telecast. It was just a small attempt at additional entertainment for maybe the casual fan. Lots of Sarandon fans out there. And I think most of those ooohs, and aaaah's came when players were very near her. I probably would've done the same. Remember there were no reahearsals.....she's an actor not a commentator. Jeez, why are people so critical?
Sarandon actress - I'm a fan.

Sharing booth with Pierre while bringing absolutely nothing relevant to my hockey watching and listening experience - not so much.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Well the tank is pretty much done for, might as well get comfortable with finishing 8th-12th. Its the Ranger way.

Just need to pray Chicago, Edmonton or the Isles don't win the lotto and our scouting staff finds that Chytil player again.

Reactions: Igright

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I wanna tank sooooo bad......BUT I HATE THE EFFIN PENGUINS TOO MUCH. I WAS JACKED IN THE THIRD AND OT. WHAT THE HELL CALL WAS THAT ON THE PENALTY SHOT? If I was Georgiev after I saved it I would have picked up the net and thrown it in the referees direction

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers have been very competitive with their 3rd string goalie after a sell off of some of their best players (albeit adding some solid players) can we stop pretending that this team the last few years has been Hank carrying a garbage roster. Not a top contender isn't the same as garbage. I feel there's a subset of the fan base that loves calling this team a shitty team.

Reactions: The S5 and NCRanger

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
giphy.gif

I don't think anyone posted pinky yet. If anyone has, sorry...

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I wanna tank sooooo bad......BUT I HATE THE EFFIN PENGUINS TOO MUCH. I WAS JACKED IN THE THIRD AND OT. WHAT THE HELL CALL WAS THAT ON THE PENALTY SHOT? If I was Georgiev after I saved it I would have picked up the net and thrown it in the referees direction
I'm not exaggerating when I say this and I'm not saying it hasn't happened but the last time I saw that called was in the 1980s.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The Rangers have been very competitive with their 3rd string goalie after a sell off of some of their best players (albeit adding some solid players) can we stop pretending that this team the last few years has been Hank carrying a garbage roster. Not a top contender isn't the same as garbage. I feel there's a subset of the fan base that loves calling this team a ****ty team.

And the best run this team has had in the Lundqvist era wasn't even with Lundqvist in net.

Talbot led us some crazy run to the Presidents Trophy. Something like 17 wins over a 24 game stretch with some Skapski shutouts over Buffalo mixed in

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Andersson >= Fast... Kreider Zibb Andersson should be amazing. :sarcasm:

I'd love to watch a Ranger team where Kreider and Zibb play like this, for 100+ games, in any given season

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
This team is a million times more entertaining since the trade deadline. It was dreadful watching this team all season long for me. It's exciting to watch the new guys and kids play, especially knowing we have several new prospects and picks in the pipeline. Definitely more optimism than at the beginning of the season for me.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hank got a two minute minor on that play. I guess they changed the penalty to a penalty shot.
Yeah, that's the rule. If it's with under 2 mins to go in regulation, it's a penalty shot.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2017-2018-NHL-rulebook.pdf

63.5: "If by reason of insufficient time in the regular playing time or by reason of penalties already imposed, the minor penalty assessed to a player for deliberately displacing his own goal post cannot be served in its entirety within the regular playing time of the game or at any time in overtime, a penalty shot shall be awarded against the offending team."

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, that's the rule. If it's with under 2 mins to go in regulation, it's a penalty shot.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2017-2018-NHL-rulebook.pdf

63.5: "If by reason of insufficient time in the regular playing time or by reason of penalties already imposed, the minor penalty assessed to a player for deliberately displacing his own goal post cannot be served in its entirety within the regular playing time of the game or at any time in overtime, a penalty shot shall be awarded against the offending team."

It would be fun if they sent him off and forced one of the 3 players in the OT to be the goalie and only play with 2 guys up front!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Well the tank is pretty much done for, might as well get comfortable with finishing 8th-12th. Its the Ranger way.
How would picking 8th be the Rangers way? That'd be the highest pick we've had since we took Montoya at sixth overall in 2004. Even 12th would be the highest pick (of our own) that we've had since McIlrath at tenth in 2010.

The "Rangers way" for the last decade has been to be one of the only teams in the league with perennial playoff success over that span.

Reactions: nyrage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad