Value of: Pittsburgh - Ottawa

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Using the Antti Raanta trade as a rough working;

Murray and McCann for Ottawa's 22nd OVR and a Good Prospect

Is Lajoie a prospect that would be available, if not, who?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Using the Antti Raanta trade as a rough working;

Murray and McCann for Ottawa's 22nd OVR and a Good Prospect

Is Lajoie a prospect that would be available, if not, who?
No thanks no need for McCann they have so many similar level players already. They'll be able to get a goalie for alot cheaper come expansion time. Plus they have Hogberg, Nilson on one ways and have a few goalies knocking they likely want to see what they have. If they dont like it they'll make a move next summer for a goalie.

Sens likely use 22nd overall plus a few seconds to move up to the top 12 in the draft id imagine.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sens don't have a need for McCann, and personally I'd probably wait it out to spend less on a goaltender. That being said, there's nothing wrong with the value of #22 + Lajoie for Murray + ?. In a normal year it's something I might pull the trigger on, but given the Senators position and the flat cap I think there are smarter deals to be made.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Would you trade a 1st round pick for a goalie who just got bounced by a 14th seed? An easy no imo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sens don't have a need for McCann, and personally I'd probably wait it out to spend less on a goaltender. That being said, there's nothing wrong with the value of #22 + Lajoie for Murray + ?. In a normal year it's something I might pull the trigger on, but given the Senators position and the flat cap I think there are smarter deals to be made.

Murray from 2-3 years ago, yes. Current Murray, hell no.

Goalies are voodoo. No way of knowing if he'll ever bounce back and become a legit starter in the future.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Would you trade a 1st round pick for a goalie who just got bounced by a 14th seed? An easy no imo.
Murray let in 1 soft goal all series. The penguins played with absolutely no energy and did nothing to help him out. It was an embarrassing team effort to be frank.

Murray at his age and pedigree should still hold plenty of value around the league. A 1st round pick in the back half of the draft for him would be a good deal for both clubs.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
You can get more value by trading McCann and Murray individually over packaging them together.
Disagree. The right team would give us a nice return.

Edmonton for example has a glaring need for both of those players. I would be interested in hearing their best offer for the 2 combined

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Murray let in 1 soft goal all series. The penguins played with absolutely no energy and did nothing to help him out. It was an embarrassing team effort to be frank.

Murray at his age and pedigree should still hold plenty of value around the league. A 1st round pick in the back half of the draft for him would be a good deal for both clubs.
I have no interest in moving a 1st for a goalie/Murray. Much rather draft a young cost controlled asset.

Plus Murray needs a new contract and we'd be paying him based off his past success with a powerhouse team, no thanks.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Ottawa has a ton of goalies in the system. We don't want any more, especially the way Murray has been trending.

He has such a strong start to his NHL career. I think a new start/setting could be good for him. Dont think the cost is astronomical either.

If you are looking for a goalie - don't think he's a bad choice to take a chance on. Upside could be huge

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He has such a strong start to his NHL career. I think a new start/setting could be good for him. Dont think the cost is astronomical either.

If you are looking for a goalie - don't think he's a bad choice to take a chance on. Upside could be huge

We're not looking for a goalie.

And if you look league-wide at goalie trends the past decade...the odds of a goalie reverting to the success at the start of his career is slim.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
We're not looking for a goalie.

And if you look league-wide at goalie trends the past decade...the odds of a goalie reverting to the success at the start of his career is slim.

You lost me at the first word, in bold. Maybe you're not looking for a goalie yourself - but many, many Sen fans seem to be looking for one.

I hear about what you're saying about it being a risk, and maybe he does or maybe he doesn't recapture his magic. For a team that were looking for a goalie - I think Murray is the type worth taking a risk on is all

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Id take a chance on Murray but not for the NYI 1st.

No need for McCann. So if ya wanna tall bout Murray for one of our 2nds I think thats the more realistic convo from Ottawa's POV

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still think Murray for Connor Brown makes a lot of sense :dunno:

I'd also throw out Murray for Logan Brown if the Penguins end up trading McCann this off-season. Brown may make sense as a target for the Penguins then. I wouldn't be happy about it, but maybe Murray for White?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You lost me at the first word, in bold. Maybe you're not looking for a goalie yourself - but many, many Sen fans seem to be looking for one.

I hear about what you're saying about it being a risk, and maybe he does or maybe he doesn't recapture his magic. For a team that were looking for a goalie - I think Murray is the type worth taking a risk on is all

No. There will always be a few people wanting a goalie. We could have jesus in net and the same crowd will be looking for a netminder.

If anything, we have too many netminders in the system right now.

Right now, I think you might get Toronto to make a panic move and give you something good for Murray.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I'm a Sens fan, and I'm not looking for a goalie.

Murray will cost a few bucks and I'm not eager to throw our limited funds at a netminder when we're still a few years away from contending regularly for the playoffs anyway.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

I'd also throw out Murray for Logan Brown if the Penguins end up trading McCann this off-season. Brown may make sense as a target for the Penguins then. I wouldn't be happy about it, but maybe Murray for White?
Brown yes but why would the Penguins want centres?

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast

Ottawa has no interest in trading Connor Brown.

Logan Brown may be available depending on the draft and how camp goes. They will hold on to him for now though.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
If I was Ottawa the most I'd offer is a high 2nd and maybe a b prospect for Murray.

If Pittsburgh doesn't do it that's cool because Murray isn't a lock to perform well anyways and Pittsburgh needs the cap space and to move a goalie anyways and Ottawa isn't competing next year.

No reason for Dorion not to hold the hammer here.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
With Nilsson + Hoberg both being on 1way contacts, highly doubt Ottawa trades for another goalie. Unless Nilssons health issues keep him out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad