GDT: Pittsburgh @ Montreal 7pm EST January 4th/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Going up against an equally banged up Penguins team. The Habs have had some good games against the Pens recently. Especially Lemieux recently calling us a boring team and how we win the game.

Price confirmed. Had a solid game against Tampa the other night. Need consistency with those high scoring games to play well enough to close out tonight.

Hoping for a lineup of:

Tatar Domi Suzuki
Poehling Kotkaniemi Kovalchuk
Lehkonen Danault Cousins
Weal Thompson Weise

Chiarot Weber
Scandella Petry
Mete Fleury

Price

I say if Kovalchuk plays tonight. Get with with two you g mobile players with vision and get Kovalchuk open with his shot it could be a good line. I don’t think he will work well with two way grind for goals like Danault / Cousins / Lehkonen.

Kotkaniemi could play with someone who can bury his no look passes. Poehling looked solid late in the Tampa game playing with Kotkaniemi.

Discuss what you guys think?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Kovalchuk is unlikely to play tomorrow according to bergevin
Has some visa issues I think

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I dont think kovy plays tomorrow from what I hear. Just hope kovy takes the spot of bums like weal on the pp.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
For now…..still have more than 2 years on his deal (WTF was that)
Bargain bin will always pay bottom end guys their worth. Or more

Talent he has to put them straight and show them who da man is.

Interested to see who Scandella plays with. He and Fleury should work and can take some of the workload from Chiarot and Weber and Petry.

Too bad Kovalchuk wasn’t playing

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Any idea on how many man games we have lost compared to the Pens? They don't seem to be using injuries as an excuse, like some GM's.
I think it’s just all on positioning. They are still in a playoff spot while others aren’t. Just answering to the media and fans. Pittsburgh you have to give them credit based on they are making it work where other teams aren’t with injuries.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
4 game losing streak. Does it become 5 or does Mr Saturday night backstop the team to a win finally?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
It's called depth and proper young player development.
It also depends on how many are hurt on your farm team. Not just in the nhl. Laval has had many injuries too. If Pittsburgh’s farm was relatively healthy, then of course they’d have more depth. Also, many Laval players have been called up. Also, With the stars Pittsburgh has had for the past few years, they’ve had the luxury of being able to leave guys in their system without rushing them. Montreal has not had the opportunity to draft franchise forwards like Pittsburgh. You can’t just look at the success without considering these things.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The game won't go well/n two years th Habs will be competitive once again, because I'm enthusiastic about the lat draft/

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
If Kovy plays, I expect Weal and Cousins to have double his ice-time.

We're barely going to see him play 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad