Pittsburgh Development Camp

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
My list of players that should get an invite. I watch a lot more OHL; so my list will have more OHLers.

Noah Bushnell
Brett McKenzie
Vladimir Tkachev
Pius Suter
Jack Flinn
Josh Thrower
Josh Burnside
Stefan LeBlanc
Hayden McCool
Brenden Miller
Nick Betz
Brendan Bell
Tim McGauley
Tyson Baillie

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
These camps are always fun and its on the 18th.

People will discredit it as just a rookie camp but you really get a glimpse of who's hot and who's not. Mattaa (stood out like a sore thumb with his great play), Megna, DePo, Sundqvist and Murray have looked great at these camps in the past and they've just climbed the ladder.

The only player to really disappoint was Jarry. Sure its sloppy D around him but Murray has that too and really stood out.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
These camps are always fun and its on the 18th.

People will discredit it as just a rookie camp but you really get a glimpse of who's hot and who's not. Mattaa (stood out like a sore thumb with his great play), Megna, DePo, Sundqvist and Murray have looked great at these camps in the past and they've just climbed the ladder.

The only player to really disappoint was Jarry. Sure its sloppy D around him but Murray has that too and really stood out.

To be fair to Jarry, I remember Murray's first development camp. He was shaky as well. Actually the college goalie that season outperformed both he and Maguire in the game. The guy was from Saint Cloud State, Furquahr or something like that. That was the same camp that Sustr was at.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
For the Prospect tournament

Wilson - Sundqvist - Kapanen
Rust - Kielly - Sprong
Zlobin * - Dea - Archibald
Pavlychev - Marcantuoni - Lindo

McNeil - Ruopp
Invite - Invite
Invite - Invite

Murray
Jarry

*If he's still alive.

I'm assuming all of the college guys will be back in college by this point. I'm also assuming that Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot and Kuhnhackl will all have too much pro experience to go. Kind of screwed on d if the college guys don't attend, not that Segalla and Birks fill me with confidence. I'm also guessing that Simon will be staying in Europe for his pre-season.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Unfortunately the good forwards wont be able to perform if we can't get them the puck.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Rust - Kielly - Sprong

McNeil - Ruopp
Invite - Invite
Invite - Invite

Murray
Jarry

*If he's still alive.

I'm assuming all of the college guys will be back in college by this point. I'm also assuming that Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot and Kuhnhackl will all have too much pro experience to go. Kind of screwed on d if the college guys don't attend, not that Segalla and Birks fill me with confidence. I'm also guessing that Simon will be staying in Europe for his pre-season.

Ryan Segalla, Dane Birks and Jeff Taylor for defence.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
To be fair to Jarry, I remember Murray's first development camp. He was shaky as well. Actually the college goalie that season outperformed both he and Maguire in the game. The guy was from Saint Cloud State, Furquahr or something like that. That was the same camp that Sustr was at.
That NCAA goalie might have been Hartzell who fell off the face of the earth after looking pretty good.

Sometimes the defense can take blame too. IMO that was the case with Murray.

With Jarry, pucks were going through him and I think he was letting up bad goals right off the bat last year. He seems very blocky and doesn't move around well.

Last year... No one really stood out like Mattaa or Megna the year before but Sundqvists skating looked improved and I liked Segalla, Wilson and Angello. Wilson has an underlining skill while Segalla and Angello looked good in a quality role player kind of way.

I actually didn't like Kap that much. Thought he looked weak and disinterested. Great shot and his skating stood out when he gave a damn.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
That NCAA goalie might have been Hartzell who fell off the face of the earth after looking pretty good.

With Jarry, pucks were going through him and I think he was letting up bad goals right off the bat last year. He seems very blocky and doesn't move around well.

Last year... No one really stood out like Mattaa or Megna the year before but Sundqvists skating looked improved and I liked Segalla, Wilson and Angello. Wilson has an underlining skill while Segalla and Angello looked good in a quality role player kind of way.

I actually didn't like Kap that much. Thought he looked weak and disinterested. Great shot and his skating stood out when he gave a damn.

Are you talking about the prospect game? Kap was the only highlight. It was visible that he was the only forward with any real talent. I've went to the last 4 and he's the most talented forward to attend to date.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Rust - Kielly - Sprong

McNeil - Ruopp
Invite - Invite
Invite - Invite

Murray
Jarry

*If he's still alive.

Who would have thought! forward lineups i full with the one confirmed invitee. I remember a couple of seasons ago. Then we had 8 or 9 defensemen who were all our own, and half the forward lineup were people we scrambled together for invites :D

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Are you talking about the prospect game? Kap was the only highlight. It was visible that he was the only forward with any real talent. I've went to the last 4 and he's the most talented forward to attend to date.
Yeah but that's not saying much. The skill was there but he did little to nothing in terms of skating hard or even trying. Sure its just a prospect game but he looked disinterested at the WJC's too.

I know skilled players use sense and positioning too but I'm not even sure if that was there. That's not saying he doesn't have sense but more about using it.

What kind of player do you think he ends up being?

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Yeah but that's not saying much. The skill was there but he did little to nothing in terms of skating hard or even trying. Sure its just a prospect game but he looked disinterested at the WJC's too.

I know skilled players use sense and positioning too but I'm not even sure if that was there. That's not saying he doesn't have sense but more about using it.

What kind of player do you think he ends up being?

I don't know what kind of player he will be. I know what kind of a player I hope he will be and the kind of player I hope he won't.

I just think he is a young kid and like a lot of young kids he doesn't play a complete game and people have way overblown his WJC tournament.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't know what kind of player he will be. I know what kind of a player I hope he will be and the kind of player I hope he won't.

I just think he is a young kid and like a lot of young kids he doesn't play a complete game and people have way overblown his WJC tournament.
Yeah he does have a bunch of upside. I think his upside is a Petr Sykora type. Kind of a modern, skating Sykora.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA

No. The guy's name was Ryan Faragher from Saint Cloud State. This was back in 2012. He was the best goalie in that camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad