News Article: Pittsburgh cops nab two for Stanley Cup Final ticket scam

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say two Massachusetts men printed up bogus Stanley Cup Final tickets and tried to sell them outside the Penguins arena.

Police say Quincy resident John Green and Wareham resident Ronald Seeley were spotted Wednesday outside Consol Energy Center, where the Penguins were hosting the San Jose Sharks in the second game of the best-of-seven series.

One witness told police the men offered to sell him six tickets for $200 each. Police say the face value of the tickets is at least $235 each.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...anley-cup-final-ticket-scam-article-1.2659965

I wasn't sure if this deserved it's own thread, but if it keeps someone more careful and not ripped off, it is worth the bandwidth.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
what really happens to people like that in America? I know America has hard jail times but is that even the case here?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Six tickets for $200???

I wish!!! :laugh:

Honestly I'm surprised the suspects weren't from Philly. :laugh:

Lol. If they had been asking 200+ each they might have flown under the radar

Mass holes obviously but let's not equate them to Charles Manson. Good to start the thread though to warn others. I

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Lol. If they had been asking 200+ each they might have flown under the radar

Mass holes obviously but let's not equate them to Charles Manson. Good to start the thread though to warn others. I

It says the were selling them for 200 each. Or was it each person was selling 6 tickets for 200?

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
The part of this that is exceptionally stupid is that they were selling them AT the arena, which means that as soon as a person walked 50 feet away and tried to actually USE the ticket, they're just going to be turning right back around to come back and confront the scammer.

They probably could have sold a handful of fake tickets and gotten away with it. But you can't just continue to stand there trying to sell more and more fake tickets when your angry customers are bound to come back looking for you at any moment, with or without police.

Funny stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad