OT: Pitt Panthers bring back old colors in new identity.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Colors are beautful. Football jerseys need a design. Currently they look like practice jerseys.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Don't really care about colleges. But bright blue and yellow are always nice colors.

Better than the gold and royal blue of old.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
These are really nice. I’m not a Pitt fan or I’d pick up some of this new gear.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There's just something about a four-letter script logo that looks right on a helmet.

Why yes, this was a blatant attempt at roping Montana into a thread about Pitt, why do you ask?
BillJarvis_180908_B27I5071.jpg

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Good to see Pitt has moved past the god awful "panther"and block letter helmets they were sporting for a bit, but I have to say there is something unsettling about the intertwining between major apparel companies and state universities. Nothing good will come of this.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Good to see Pitt has moved past the god awful "panther"and block letter helmets they were sporting for a bit, but I have to say there is something unsettling about the intertwining between major apparel companies and state universities. Nothing good will come of this.

I can't see anything worse coming from it. College sports probably have to be a multi billion dollar industry already. When they should be EXTRAcurricular not semi-pro.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I can't see anything worse coming from it. College sports probably have to be a multi billion dollar industry already. When they should be EXTRAcurricular not semi-pro.
The system sucks. State universities get huge $ for aligning with big shoe companies. So do head coaches and their staff. The athletes don't get a dang thing, other than risk.. A corrupt coach (hi Mr. Pitino!) just goes to the next school to corrupt. Nike, et al, have power they really have no right to hold, absent the greed and avarice of those in the schools who benefit, who, of course, probably never played a second on a collegiate field. Maybe I am an idealist...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Life is marketing.

It only takes a few to buy into it.

I'm a purist who thinks pros don't belong in the Olympics and that there shouldn't be endorsement deals there either.

But here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2