Proposal: Pit - Stl

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Maatta + Rust

for

Perron + Walman

Pittsburgh clears some cap space while getting a young LD and LW to play Brassard.

STL buys low on two young struggling players.

Picks could be added to even it out.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
When you say "Pittsburgh clears some cap space" it implies that the Blues are picking up dollars. They have virtually no cap space right now.

I'm good with this conceptually, but dollars are going to have to wash pretty evenly.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
When you say "Pittsburgh clears some cap space" it implies that the Blues are picking up dollars. They have virtually no cap space right now.

I'm good with this conceptually, but dollars are going to have to wash pretty evenly.

Or my other thought was swap Rust with Sprong. The dollars would be identical then.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
That would work. It leaves us with an extra defenseman, so we'd have to figure that piece out; sending someone to the minors - say, Schmaltz who would have to clear waivers - would possibly free up cap space and get us back to your original deal. I think Walman is a project with a low ceiling but an offensive touch that might raise it a little, but Pittsburgh seems to know how to make NHL players out of AHL players and he seems like the kind of guy that would fit there.

It would be weird [yet hilarious] to see Doug Armstrong ship out David Perron yet again, but at this point I'm kind of open to the idea of trading whatever. I don't know that this trade makes us better, but I also don't know that it makes us demonstrably worse. It's probably a lateral move, and I'm OK with that. Lob a low pick from the Pens side [6th, can be in '20 or '21], and I'd call it a day.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens say no.

Not many Pens fans are gonna want the return of Perron (who didn't work out so well last time) at the expense of Rust.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Pens say no.

Not many Pens fans are gonna want the return of Perron (who didn't work out so well last time) at the expense of Rust.

Ya but that was during the Mike Johnston days when the whole team was garbage and even crosby couldn't score.

And honestly Rust has done nothing this year except neuter the offense of whatever line he is on.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ya but that was during the Mike Johnston days when the whole team was garbage and even crosby couldn't score.

And honestly Rust has done nothing this year except neuter the offense of whatever line he is on.

Nah, he was garbage even with Sullivan hence why he was traded for Hagelin.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maatta + Rust

for

Perron + Walman

Pittsburgh clears some cap space while getting a young LD and LW to play Brassard.

Pens are not re-visting bringing Perron back on this team.

Hard pass.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Personally I would rather not trade Perron after he took a discount to stay here and he's actually one of the few guys who is playing fairly decent. That being said, if you are looking to clear cap space look elsewhere we have about 40k or 400k.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966
Feb 24, 2017

I like your font. Which is it?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Or my other thought was swap Rust with Sprong. The dollars would be identical then.
Value sure as hell isn't.

Perron didn't work as well as any of had hoped, him being traded brought forth the speed trend that the entire league went nuts over after our back 2 back wins.

Perron is a non-starter. JR isn't going to trade for him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Value sure as hell isn't.

Perron didn't work as well as any of had hoped, him being traded brought forth the speed trend that the entire league went nuts over after our back 2 back wins.

Perron is a non-starter. JR isn't going to trade for him.
If you looking for speed may I just say maroon is available... oh speed no slowness lol

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
In fairness, Perron’s game has matured a lot since the last stint in Pittsburgh. But I’d prefer not to trade him. He wants to be here and he is one of the guys who shows some spark in his game currently.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In fairness, Perron’s game has matured a lot since the last stint in Pittsburgh. But I’d prefer not to trade him. He wants to be here and he is one of the guys who shows some spark in his game currently.
So from age 28 to 30, he's changed so much as a player that we would want to trade for him?

The issue is that Perron, the way this coach will use him, is not worth it. Brassard is likely who he would be playing with and Brass is gone after this season, so then it becomes a trade Perron again after the season is over because he might not fit with the next 3c, or like before, he might not fit at all.

Just a bad idea.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So from age 28 to 30, he's changed so much as a player that we would want to trade for him?

The issue is that Perron, the way this coach will use him, is not worth it. Brassard is likely who he would be playing with and Brass is gone after this season, so then it becomes a trade Perron again after the season is over because he might not fit with the next 3c, or like before, he might not fit at all.

Just a bad idea.
All I can say is that he plays a lot more effective game in his latest stint with the Blues. I'm not sure what he was doing in Vegas, but he ingrained some things in his game that look more mature to me. He's using his linemates well and making good decisions with the puck. He looks more confident in his own scoring ability but doesn't force things that aren't there. As I said, I'd rather not trade him. It looks like a very good contract to me.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Maatta + Rust

for

Perron + Walman

We have already done the Perron thing and he only played well for a week before falling off the face of the earth. Pass from a Pittsburgh standpoint.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I can’t imagine Perron under Sullivan. Sullivan values hustle and speed way over soft and skilled. I like Perron but man Sullivan is stubborn and likes what he likes. Kessel had 92 points last year and his play drove Sullivan nuts at times.

Sprong is ultra talented but he doesn’t get a shot or gets put on a leash because he doesn’t play the Sully way.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can’t imagine Perron under Sullivan. Sullivan values hustle and speed way over soft and skilled. I like Perron but man Sullivan is stubborn and likes what he likes. Kessel had 92 points last year and his play drove Sullivan nuts at times.

Sprong is ultra talented but he doesn’t get a shot or gets put on a leash because he doesn’t play the Sully way.
No, he values hustle.

Hustle over everything. Aston-Reese is neither soft, skilled, or fast, but he hustles and thus so...gets a lot of minutes and top 6 chances.

Defies all logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad