Penguins
Tierney (RFA)

Ottawa
JJ
Okposo
Buffalo 2020 1rst 8th (Overall)

Buffalo
Matt Murray (RFA)

Buffalo pays a high price but gets out of Okposo's contract and gets a young starting goalie.

Pens get out of JJ and can sign Tierney for a third line center.

Ottawa takes on cap to reach the floor and gets the 8th overall for the troubles.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I wish three way trades happened as much in real life as they do on these boards.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
This seems bad for Buffalo with them giving up #8 overall to just get rid of Okposo. I also think that a Murray+JJ dump has to come with salary retention on JJ.

They are not just getting rid of Okposo. They do this in hopes that Murray rebounds and stabilizes the net.

Reactions: bert

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
This seems bad for Buffalo with them giving up #8 overall to just get rid of Okposo. I also think that a Murray+JJ dump has to come with salary retention on JJ.

Yeah, you'd think if Buffalo was going to give up 8OA they'd want to address their biggest concern - 2C. Not sure how desperate the Pegula's are to get rid of Okposo though...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Yeah I don’t think the Sabers do this. 8th ov would be incredible though for the Sens...

Reactions: bert

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Penguins
Tierney (RFA)

Ottawa
JJ
Okposo

Buffalo
Matt Murray (RFA)

Buffalo pays a high price but gets out of Okposo's contract and gets a young starting goalie.

Ottawa takes on cap to reach the floor and gets the 8th overall for the troubles.

I'd say leave BUF out of it, attach a 1st to JJ and find someone to take him.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
lmao Buffalo doesn't touch this.

Buffalo isn't desperate to unload Okposo's contract as the 30+ threads started by non-Sabres fans claim.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Penguins
Tierney (RFA)

Ottawa
JJ
Okposo

Buffalo
Matt Murray (RFA)

Pens say yes

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Oh look. Yet another thread started by a non-Sabres fan looking to "ease our burden" by taking Okposo's contract. What are we up to now? 142?

I'll say it again for those in the back: The Sabres do not need to offload Okposo's contract. Is he worth the contract? Of course not. However, he's still a legit NHL player and loved in the locker room. We are NOT (repeat: NOT) looking to offload the contract and give up assets to do so. If you want to give us a nominal asset for him, fine. But we're not attaching anything of real value to be rid of him. ESPECIALLY not 8 overall in return for a goalie.

If you want 8 overall, you gotta come with long-term high value. Think youngish 2C, MAYBE youngish LHD.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think the Penguins say yes and as a favor, we will include a several bouquets of flowers to Buffalo in condolences and solidarity.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Buffalo says no
Ottawa is happy to get 8, but being stuck with Johnson and Okposo did the next three years isn’t good at all.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Penguins
Tierney (RFA)

Ottawa
JJ
Okposo

Buffalo
Matt Murray (RFA)

Upternth timr

Buffalo foednt need a goalie
Buffalo is not in cap he’ll they need to trade 8OA
Okposo at 50% has positive value.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
lmao Buffalo doesn't touch this.

Buffalo isn't desperate to unload Okposo's contract as the 30+ threads started by non-Sabres fans claim.

Yes, the number is officially at 57 threads dumping Okposo’s contract started by non-Sabres.

Number of Okposo threads mocked by actual Sabres fans also at 57.

Guys, dumping Okposo is not a priority for the Sabres right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad