Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT]Penguins re-sign Jarry [2 year - 675K AAV]

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Very nice. That 1-way/2-way is interesting, not sure if I have seen that one before.

That's a very common way to structure contracts on young players coming off their ELC - especially with goalies. Ullmark, Gillies, J.Campbell, Copley and Sparks are some examples of such contract structure from the goalie signings of the past two summers.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
That's a very common way to structure contracts on young players coming off their ELC - especially with goalies. Ullmark, Gillies, J.Campbell, Copley and Sparks are some examples of such contract structure from the goalie signings of the past two summers.

Okay, thanks. Haven't been paying enough attention it seems, that is not a surprise.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Very nice. That 1-way/2-way is interesting, not sure if I have seen that one before.

It's not uncommon at all. Simply signifies where the team expects him to be playing in the near future. They see him spending most of next season in WBS, and only really challenging for a role in Pittsburgh the following season. Given his waiver status and how well DeSmith played for us, that's a pretty realistic outlook.

Reactions: Chuck Norris Trophy

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
It's not uncommon at all. Simply signifies where the team expects him to be playing in the near future. They see him spending most of next season in WBS, and only really challenging for a role in Pittsburgh the following season. Given his waiver status and how well DeSmith played for us, that's a pretty realistic outlook.

Yeah, someone already told me this on the main boards, and I have to say it here too, seems like I haven't paid enough attention which is not a surprise at all.

Reactions: Riptide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad