Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Penguins re-sign F Evgeni Malkin (4 years, $6.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Weird to see all this public negotiating and jockeying for position, only for him to end up signing at a very team-friendly rate back in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing the hang up might have been about term.
Waiting on salary details, could be front loaded so he can get paid and maybe bail after the third year.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Was really looking forward to seeing what other teams would offer but it would have been weird to see him with another team.

Reactions: TheStatican

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That’s a good contract, and cool to see Crosby/Malkin/Letang stay together for a few more years to try to make one last run at another Cup.

Reactions: Krimson

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
That’s a good contract, and cool to see Crosby/Malkin/Letang stay together for a few more years to try to make one last run at another Cup.
I was gonna say the Pens don’t deserve another cup any time soon if they let Malkin walk under any circumstances. Shouldn’t even have been a difficult negotiation, get the franchise man his legacy contract. I always assumed matching AAV w Letang , who cares about term where this team is at

That iconic trio for the Pens in the cap era should finish together.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Waiting to see the contract structure, but I’m betting this will make Malkin the 6th active Age 35+ cap penalty eligible contract.

Along with Ovechkin, Letang, Jeff Carter, PE Bellemare and Corey Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad