Patric Hornqvist

And then

:pens
Chris Kreider

:rangers
Dante Fabbro/Eeli Tolvanen
Calen Addison
Dominik Simon

All three teams get what they want. NSH upgrades their forward group. PIT adds speed and a top 6 forward. NYR gets a steep return of great young players that they'd expect if they're going to trade with a team in their conference.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Why wouldn’t Nashville just add a little bit to Fabbro + 3RD and try to get Kreider themselves if they wanted to upgrade their forward group without trading Tolvanen? At Hornqvist’s age and contract, this series of deals is a clear win for Pitt but pretty bad for Nsh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dear lord no from the Penguins, Jesus Christ that's horrendous for them. They're trading Hornqvist, Addison and Simon for Kreider? Are you joking me?

The idea that the Rangers would say no to this is also funny. If you seriously think they'll be getting a better return for Kreider than Tolvanen, Addison and Simon, I don't know what to tell you.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Why wouldn’t Nashville just add a little bit to Fabbro + 3RD and try to get Kreider themselves if they wanted to upgrade their forward group without trading Tolvanen? At Hornqvist’s age and contract, this series of deals is a clear win for Pitt but pretty bad for Nsh.
Sure, but adding Addison+Simon isn't adding "a little bit".

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Seems like, if the Preds were willing to part with a top prospect, they would cut out the middle man (and five years) and just go for Kreider themselves.

He's a different kind of player to Horns (who I would be loath to give up from the Pens) but he plays with a nasty edge and can score dirty, clean, whatever. Maybe he doesn't have the heart-and-soul qualities for PH, but that's not what Nashville need to get over the hump. They need scoring and production. They already have guys who play hard and emotional, in spades.

And I'd give a lot to see Kreider as a Penguin, but I don't know if i'd sacrifice Hornqvist, even at 32.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Sure, but adding Addison+Simon isn't adding "a little bit".
Maybe not to you.....I don’t see too many people clamoring for Simon or Addison. They are “okay” pieces but the difference between Kreider and Hornqvist is nearly covered by the potential difference between Fabbro and those two Pens pieces. Nsh would be better off cutting out the middle man.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There are just a ton of problems with these deals, where even to begin:

1. I agree with the other posts, if Nashville is trading Fabbro or Tolvanen, they're better off just going right for Kreider. I am really surprised that Predators fans would say no to reacquiring Hornqvist though, their powerplay is really bad this year and they know Hornqvist about as well as Penguins fans do.
2. But at the same point, the Penguins trading Hornqvist for Fabbro/Tolvanen and a 3rd is bad value for them. Hornqvist is an extremely unique net front guy who will probably give you about 25 goals and 50 points per 82 games. They can get better than just a recent 1st round pick prospect and a 3rd for him.
3. The Rangers come out like bandits in value for this. If Kreider could pull off a prospect like Fabbro or Tolvanen with Addison and Simon, he would have been traded already. That's a fantastic return for them, especially with Kreider only having a year and a half left of control.

To me, this is a bad value deal for the Penguins, a bad fit for Nashville and an absolute fleecing by the Rangers.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
FLA 3rd round pick

:nashville
Patric Hornqvist

And then

Chris Kreider

:rangers
Calen Addison
Dominik Simon

All three teams get what they want. NSH upgrades their forward group. PIT adds speed and a top 6 forward. NYR gets a steep return of great young players that they'd expect if they're going to trade with a team in their conference.

No way rangers send kreider to a rival

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There are just a ton of problems with these deals, where even to begin:

1. I agree with the other posts, if Nashville is trading Fabbro or Tolvanen, they're better off just going right for Kreider. I am really surprised that Predators fans would say no to reacquiring Hornqvist though, their powerplay is really bad this year and they know Hornqvist about as well as Penguins fans do./QUOTE]

And Hornqvist isn't the guy to fix it because we struggle even setting up in the zone most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad