Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Marcus Pettersson re-signs with Penguins (1 year, $874,125)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
According to my calculations, the Pens are cap compliant with 13 forwards, 3 goalies (have to keep Jarry around rather than risk losing him on waivers, and especially with Murray's injury history) and 7 defensemen if they put Jack Johnson in the AHL and save that $1M.

You really believe this team will bury Johnson in the AHL?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
You really believe this team will bury Johnson in the AHL?

I have no idea what they are going to do, I'm saying what they SHOULD do. Would any Pens fans care if JJ isn't in the top 6, assuming he's playing at the same level he was last season? And do you really think another team is going to claim him off waivers, and would you be upset if they did?

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Schultz is gone; based on what? Unless Pettersson is rock solid this year, i can't see how a contending team is comfortable with him being their 3rd best defenseman, let alone whoever is the #4.
How Pettersson does won't even affect Schultz. Pettersson is a LHD, while Schultz is a RHD. I agree with you though, moving on from Schultz would be very dumb, because then you'd have Gudbranson playing on the 2nd pair and nobody to run the 2nd PP unit (or even the 1st unit sometimes).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have no idea what they are going to do, I'm saying what they SHOULD do. Would any Pens fans care if JJ isn't in the top 6, assuming he's playing at the same level he was last season? And do you really think another team is going to claim him off waivers, and would you be upset if they did?

Um? If you've seen any of my posts on the subject, you'd know I'd love nothing more than for the Pens to be rid of Johnson. I'm just saying I don't find it very realistic to even contemplate that they'd bury him in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad