Claimed off Waivers: [PIT] F Matthew Phillips claimed off waivers by the Penguins

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
No one beats @MMC he lets you win every once in awhile
winning-vin.gif

UED

May 2, 2021
i think dubas might be the worst GM in NHL history and he is completely unable to learn & adapt. it is shocking. claiming this guy is not gonna do anything it just represents a total lack of awareness of how badly his strategy of 18 attackers failed in toronto. my guess is he blames all of his failures on his poor goalies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
i think dubas might be the worst GM in NHL history and he is completely unable to learn & adapt. it is shocking. claiming this guy is not gonna do anything it just represents a total lack of awareness of how badly his strategy of 18 attackers failed in toronto. my guess is he blames all of his failures on his poor goalies.
It allows Dubas to send a guy down to WBS because they have injuries. Calm your tits.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
It's depth.

There's such a strange obsession with Dubas on this site.
It's funny, because, yes he clearly likes skill players, but people paint him to be this single-minded narcissist who refuses to do anything different.
I'd say the opposite, he was pretty much always tinkering, and at times knee-jerk. Each season there was a new focus

Criticized for being too young and inexperienced? Brought in vets and ex-captains.
D too weak? He made several additions to the blueline to shore it up.
Too soft? Face-punchers, checkers, and bench plugs.
Too focused on analytics? Bring in players known for intangibles and eye-tests.
Goalies? Throw them all out and try again.

Obviously it never all came together and there were many swings and misses - criticize him for that - but the "Dubas only likes small analytics players" train is about the lowest fruit you can get. Especially when it's a depth waiver claim :laugh:

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
It's depth.

There's such a strange obsession with Dubas on this site.
It's funny, because, yes he clearly likes skill players, but people paint him to be this single-minded narcissist who refuses to do anything different.
I'd say the opposite, he was pretty much always tinkering, and at times knee-jerk. Each season there was a new focus

Criticized for being too young and inexperienced? Brought in vets and ex-captains.
D too weak? He made several additions to the blueline to shore it up.
Too soft? Face-punchers, checkers, and bench plugs.
Too focused on analytics? Bring in players known for intangibles and eye-tests.
Goalies? Throw them all out and try again.

Obviously it never all came together and there were many swings and misses - criticize him for that - but the "Dubas only likes small analytics players" train is about the lowest fruit you can get. Especially when it's a depth waiver claim :laugh:
Did Kyle kick everyone's dog or something?

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Dubas has his Money Ball book as his bible and the movie on his phone if he miss places the book :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad