Waived: [PIT] F Jansen Harkins waived by the Penguins (cleared)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I am almost wondering if there is going to be a swap of 2/3 players that were waived today (if they indeed do clear waivers).

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Where's everyone who was shitting on me and other Jets fans who said this guy wasn't an NHL player.

They were so keen to tell us how it was all because he wasn't used properly and would thrive somewhere else.

Turns out somewhere else also decided he isn't cut out for the NHL...

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Well that experiment ended quickly.

Does PIT really have better bottom-six options though? Are they still dressing Carter?
Probably not "better." I would say they have different skillsets at the overall level of impact that Jansen Harkins has. At least, that's all they've proved to be so far.

And yes. For whatever reason, Jeff Carter is still 4RW and PP2LW.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Turns out somewhere else also decided he isn't cut out for the NHL...

Playing 38 minutes for a Mike "I hate young players" Sullivan-coached team doesn't provide conclusive evidence for anything, one way or the other.

Dubas picked Harkins up, thinking he might help since the Pens have zero depth at forward aside from scrubs like Hinostroza, White, Pitlick (all in the AHL for now), and Sullivan said.... "what the hell is this?"

Harkins looked OK in his brief preseason here, but was invisible/useless -- like every other Pens' 3rd or 4th liner -- once the games began to count.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Looked good in the preseason, then seemed to pull his normal schtick in the real season and completely disappeared into the woodwork.

Just seems like one of those real AAAA type players. Enough to look good at the AHL level and preseason partial speed hockey...but just doesn't have the tools to keep up and make any kind of impact whatsoever at full NHL pace.

Reactions: Sideline

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Playing 38 minutes for a Mike "I hate young players" Sullivan-coached team doesn't provide conclusive evidence for anything, one way or the other.

Dubas picked Harkins up, thinking he might help since the Pens have zero depth at forward aside from scrubs like Hinostroza, White, Pitlick (all in the AHL for now), and Sullivan said.... "what the hell is this?"

Harkins looked OK in his brief preseason here, but was invisible/useless -- like every other Pens' 3rd or 4th liner -- once the games began to count.
that's basically what harkins does, goes all out for a couple of games but can't maintain it and becomes invisible

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He will get claimed by WPG and sent down. Can go straight to the A.
Tag you are it…… Winnipeg will not claim him back. As he is on a 1 way contract…and WPG would have to pay the 700k American ( $925 Canadian) left on his Salary in real cash for him to play on the the Moose… (AHL)

He’s a good player on the Moose (AHL)…. Almost a point per game player last year… but his contributions are not worth the 700 K with attendance down …

Jets were glad he was claimed as it helps the bot
tom line for a player 3-4 spots away from being called up on the Jets depth chart on forward.

The $700k expense is not going to be on Pittsburgh NhL Cap hit…. But it’s going to be on the organizing balance sheet somewhere

Tag you are it !!!! No chair left for Pittsburgh to sit down when the song stops playing.

“You smelt it …. you dealt it”… you Got Harkens!

Pittsburgh can not dine and dash on this one…. Pay the 700k bill b4 leaving the restaurant.

Dubas still thinks he has Toronto Mapple leaf $…5 more trades and waiver claims like this …and he will get a call from upstairs about the inflated AHL budget of 4 extra million..,

Last edited:
Reactions: Headshot77

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
He will get to tell his grandchildren that he played with Crosby/Malkin. That's pretty cool for him.

Reactions: SnS

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Looked good in the preseason, then seemed to pull his normal schtick in the real season and completely disappeared into the woodwork.

Just seems like one of those real AAAA type players. Enough to look good at the AHL level and preseason partial speed hockey...but just doesn't have the tools to keep up and make any kind of impact whatsoever at full NHL pace.
Seems like it. Just can't make the switch for some reason to the next level. I went to a Moose game last year and he was flying around, by far best player on the ice, playing 100%.

Reactions: biturbo19

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
As advertised. A guy you really root for but leavings you wanting. I really wish he could put it together because he does have some great tools. You can see it at times and you get excited, but then he just doesnt execute then fades away.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Tag you are it…… Winnipeg will not claim him back. As he is on a 1 way contract…and WPG would have to pay the 700k American ( $925 Canadian) left on his Salary in real cash for him to play on the the Moose… (AHL)

He’s a good player on the Moose (AHL)…. Almost a point per game player last year… but his contributions are not worth the 700 K with attendance down …

Jets were glad he was claimed as it helps the bot
tom line for a player 3-4 spots away from being called up on the Jets depth chart on forward.

The $700k expense is not going to be on Pittsburgh NhL Cap hit…. But it’s going to be on the organizing balance sheet somewhere

Tag you are it !!!! No chair left for Pittsburgh to sit down when the song stops playing.

“You smelt it …. you dealt it”… you Got Harkens!

Pittsburgh can not dine and dash on this one…. Pay the 700k bill b4 leaving the restaurant.

Dubas still thinks he has Toronto Mapple leaf $…5 more trades and waiver claims like this …and he will get a call from upstairs about the inflated AHL budget of 4 extra million..,

"All in all...Fenway Sports Group is valued at nearly $8 billion."

- The FSG Family: Businesses & Investments

Report: MLSE valued at US$8bn as owner nears share sale

- MLSE valued at US$8bn as owner nears share sale- SportsPro

i think he'll adjust lmao

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad