PTO: [PIT] F Colin White signs PTO with the Penguins (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
not sure he has anything left in the tank but thankfully for him he's still getting paid by the sens until 2028.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Odd spot for him, especially if the plan is to play Acciari at C. Definitely don't think he will land a 1-way deal, but should get a 2-way somewhere.
not sure he has anything left in the tank but thankfully for him he's still getting paid by the sens until 2028.
At this point I have to assume you're an @ottawa burner account. Too sad to believe that there could be multiple people like this.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Odd spot for him, especially if the plan is to play Acciari at C. Definitely don't think he will land a 1-way deal, but should get a 2-way somewhere.

At this point I have to assume you're an @ottawa burner account
im just glad he's financially secure if this doesnt work out sure since he doesnt have enough games to qualify for a pension.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
White is a curious case. He signed a big ticket contract the year after he was playing with Mark Stone and Brady Tkachuk and put up 40 points. The team thought he would build on that season. The reality is he never really looked like he belonged with those guys even during that season ... but the Sens were thin and he benefited from it.

After that season he never was able to show that he belonged in the top 6 and was relegated quickly to a bottom 6 role playing 3rd line center. He struggled driving offense and creating opportunities for his teammates there and was basically just staying afloat. At some point the team moved him to the wing because it was clear he needed to take a step back and find his game without the responsibilities of being a center, and his skillset fit the wing much better as opposed to what people thought early in his career. They moved him on the wing and he was a bit better there, more injuries though and he struggled to grow his game since that good year he had. I remember there was issues with his confidence, I think a lot of it is mental for him. He was on a team with his best friend (Chabot) and is a guy that's really loved by all his teammates. He thought he would grow with that team but he was left behind, that can't be easy after his success in college and all the bad luck he's had in his career. He was one of those early guys that was thought to be a pillar for the Sens rebuild.

I remember when he was playing WJC he had a great showing and he was relied upon to provide solid two-way play, to be that stable presence on a line with Matthews. He played a key role on that team and was clutch both offensively and defensively, he played a ton of minutes. Til this day I'm very surprised he wasn't able to become a solid 3rd line player, it really looked like he had everything coming out of college but he looks lost the majority of the time.

I hope he can carve out a bottom 6 role somewhere because he has what it takes, just can't put it together.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
He actually started out pretty strong in Florida and had something like 7 points in 9 games but then he just completely disappeared. Wasn't exatcly bad IMO but just very mediocre and invisible. An adaquate 4th line depth guy i guess.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
White is a curious case. He signed a big ticket contract the year after he was playing with Mark Stone and Brady Tkachuk and put up 40 points. The team thought he would build on that season. The reality is he never really looked like he belonged with those guys even during that season ... but the Sens were thin and he benefited from it.

After that season he never was able to show that he belonged in the top 6 and was relegated quickly to a bottom 6 role playing 3rd line center. He struggled driving offense and creating opportunities for his teammates there and was basically just staying afloat. At some point the team moved him to the wing because it was clear he needed to take a step back and find his game without the responsibilities of being a center, and his skillset fit the wing much better as opposed to what people thought early in his career. They moved him on the wing and he was a bit better there, more injuries though and he struggled to grow his game since that good year he had. I remember there was issues with his confidence, I think a lot of it is mental for him. He was on a team with his best friend (Chabot) and is a guy that's really loved by all his teammates. He thought he would grow with that team but he was left behind, that can't be easy after his success in college and all the bad luck he's had in his career. He was one of those early guys that was thought to be a pillar for the Sens rebuild.

I remember when he was playing WJC he had a great showing and he was relied upon to provide solid two-way play, to be that stable presence on a line with Matthews. He played a key role on that team and was clutch both offensively and defensively, he played a ton of minutes. Til this day I'm very surprised he wasn't able to become a solid 3rd line player, it really looked like he had everything coming out of college but he looks lost the majority of the time.

I hope he can carve out a bottom 6 role somewhere because he has what it takes, just can't put it together.
White had far better habits in his sophomore season than he has since. He was very aggressive going to the net and carried the puck with speed, something he hasn't done with any consistency since. I think his injuries really did a number on him, physically & mentally.

I still think he can grow into a decent player, he definitely has the passion to stick with it which can really be the difference when it comes to guys like him.

Reactions: banks

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
White had far better habits in his sophomore season than he has since. He was very aggressive going to the net and carried the puck with speed, something he hasn't done with any consistency since. I think his injuries really did a number on him, physically & mentally.

I still think he can grow into a decent player, he definitely has the passion to stick with it which can really be the difference when it comes to guys like him.

That’s true - he was a bit of a power forward and he’s kind of regressed into a more vanilla player.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I like how this topic has some dumb passive aggression because someone got weird about someone else pointing out the obvious by calling a PTO player vanilla.

Good ol HFBoards

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If he wasn't from Boston, the Pens wouldn't even bother.

We just dumped a useless player that showed zero potential in Duncehat Heinen, only to see this wanker get a shot over the young Pens that deserve more opportunities like Hallander and Puustinen.

PTO or not, he's a veteran and the moron coaching this team will give him far more opportunities over those with better potential and ones they've invested time and money into development.

Good fit for Pens' paper tiger.
Just how Sullivan likes it. Pretend you like a tough team that's hard to play against, then punish anyone that actually plays that way for vanilla veterans with stunted wasted potential.

Reactions: Victor Z

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The pens must really be lacking in prospects if someone like White makes the final roster on day one.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He is on a PTO so pens just see if he has enough game here. No real risk and maybe he is past his injuries to do something.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When he was a prospect/rookie, hockey media kept talking about him as "the next Bergeron". Hopefully he finally realizes that potential with Pittsburgh. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad