PTO: [PIT] F Colin White signs PTO with the Penguins (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Only thing helping White make the Pens would be that he can fill in at center, otherwise it’s better to keep him at RW.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Penguins have a plethora a veritable smorgasbord of fourth liners, both vets and kids. I don’t know why we need him for preseason games; we have enough vets already. Oh well. Wake me up when we sign Tatar.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He was a beast when he was paired with Scott Neidermayer. Nice to see he’s making a comeback.

He's aging gracefully.

1694290630082.png

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Penguins have a plethora a veritable smorgasbord of fourth liners, both vets and kids. I don’t know why we need him for preseason games; we have enough vets already. Oh well. Wake me up when we sign Tatar.

Pens open up with a split squad home/away doubleheader with Columbus on the 24th. Pens could have easily hit the 8 veteran minimum as it was, but adding White on a PTO saves an opening night guy from having to make the trip.

Or it gives the option of not having to dress some vets for either game. Obviously Crosby/Malkin (and others) don't need to play every preseason game.

They had a similar schedule last year and here's who they dressed for that preseason opener:

peyy7mvbdnh4v1vvpqcq.png

I only count 7 vets on the B-team that they sent to Columbus last year. Perhaps Nylander got an exemption?

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pens open up with a split squad home/away doubleheader with Columbus on the 24th. Pens could have easily hit the 8 veteran minimum as it was, but adding White on a PTO saves an opening night guy from having to make the trip.

Or it gives the option of not having to dress some vets for either game. Obviously Crosby/Malkin (and others) don't need to play every preseason game.

They had a similar schedule last year and here's who they dressed for that preseason opener:

peyy7mvbdnh4v1vvpqcq.png

I only count 7 vets on the B-team that they sent to Columbus last year. Perhaps Nylander got an exemption?

According to Section 15.4(a), a veteran is a player is any defensemen or forward who played 30 or more games in the previous season, a goaltender who was dressed in 50 or more games or played in 30 or more games in the previous season, a team’s first-round draft pick from the most recent year’s Entry Draft, or a player who has played in 100 or more games in the NHL in their career.
I count 8 vets from that lineup:

1. DeSmith
2. Ruhwedel
3. Smith
4. Pettersson
5. Zucker
6. Kapanen
7. Blueger
8, Rakell

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I count 8 vets from that lineup:

1. DeSmith
2. Ruhwedel
3. Smith
4. Pettersson
5. Zucker
6. Kapanen
7. Blueger
8, Rakell

I meant the away roster on the right:

1. Heinen
2. Caggiula
3. Poehling
4. Archibald
5. Fedun
6. Ouellet
7. Tokarski
8. Nylander? -- only had 86 NHL games going into last season. didn't play in NHL in 2021-22.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I really believed in this guy when he was with Ottawa. Looked like a solid #2C for the long haul.

What happened?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My what a fall from grace. From promising 1st round pick to 6-year nearly $5M contract, to being bought out to PTO within a few years, with a stop-off in the Cup Finals along the way. :laugh: Wild ride.

It's also crazy that he's already 26 years old. Jeeez. Feels like just the other day he was being drafted. Maybe because he's missed a bunch of time? Or being invisible for a lot of the time he hasn't missed?

Reactions: banks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad