Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Evan Rodrigues signs with the Penguins (1 year, $700K)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's funny that they traded him like 6 weeks ago only to sign him back.

I think he's a decent depth signing, assuming he'll fall below $1 million.

Reactions: qqaz

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
This was my first reaction. I just don't see the need unless he's signing for league minimum.

If it is a million or under then OK I guess but anything more than that is a waste. Be better off putting that money towards a forward that can play 3rd instead of 4th line.

Reactions: Lustaf

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Dude didn't even play vs Montreal and now they wanna waste what little cap space they have on him?

JR going to JR

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Rodrigues is like one of the most ineffectual players in the league.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This is just weird that Rodrigues actually wants to go back to Pit. You'd think he wanted to go to a team where his playing time would be more guaranteed at least on paper.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
He didn’t tho.

Yeah, this. He had all of seven games to adjust and get in the lineup after a trade that brought a glut of new forwards in. I, personally, though he looked like he had some signs of potential in that limited time.

I dont quite understand this at all, unless he's coming back dirt cheap. I knew already the Pens were not going to be UFA players out there today, but i dont see how we need E-Rod or will be able to use him.

Maybe JR has a taker out there for Zach Aston Reese and he wants a ready made replacement :sarcasm:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, this. He had all of seven games to adjust and get in the lineup after a trade that brought a glut of new forwards in. I, personally, though he looked like he had some signs of potential in that limited time.

I dont quite understand this at all, unless he's coming back dirt cheap. I knew already the Pens were not going to be UFA players out there today, but i dont see how we need E-Rod or will be able to use him.

Maybe JR has a taker out there for Zach Aston Reese and he wants a ready made replacement :sarcasm:

He can play C and W so it’s a player that can push McCann to wing.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I never said I wanted him to be a regular either, I just said he's a good depth piece to have. He's Sam Lafferty but more proven, there's nothing wrong with having 2 Laffertys as your extra forwards.
He and Lafferty were the stars of training camp, fighting for jobs and spots in the lineup for the play in. Laff got 1 game, E-Rod none, but they were deserving of more. They'll both get their shots this season.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Better be under 1m or this sucks. Our bottom 6 is fine. We could use a 3rd line winger but I would not consider ERod to be that.

Just sign Tanev today and go home JR don’t do any other stupid crap

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

Keep in mind ZAR will be on IR to start the season if it goes Jan 1. If E-Rod does sign, that gives us something like this to start the season:

Guentzel Crosby Kapenen
Zucker Malkin Rust
McCann Blueger Tanev
Lafferty Rodrgues Sceviour
Poulin?

We had to add a depth F of some kind, and maybe 2. With Turris going to Edmonton so cheaply, I wonder if we could still pull someone like Haula or Eakin at 2M.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00