Proposal: Pit-Dal/Ana

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Sign and trades just don't happen. What's the incentive for Guentzel to agree to it as opposed to hitting the market and having his choice of teams after getting a shot with a contender for another Cup?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Second Dallas deal is more likely than the first imo. Anaheim doesn't make sense as a trade partner given where they are in terms of their rebuilding.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean it’s not 2014 anymore Crosby and Malkin aren’t these world beaters, they are 37 years old. If anything Guentzel helps Crosby more than the other way around.
Guentzels contract demands will be high no reason for Anaheim to do this and they likely won’t age well.

And Crosby and makin are still very good players

Reactions: kinghock

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I feel like Dallas's depth up front means they can afford to be patient; Guentzel doesn't fill a need for this team right now, at least not at that price.

Also, Dadonov's injury may very well take him out past the trade deadline anyway.

(Also who knows how long Guentzel's going to be on the shelf)

Reactions: LT

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Guentzels contract demands will be high no reason for Anaheim to do this and they likely won’t age well.

And Crosby and makin are still very good players
I thought it would make sense bc Anaheim needs goal scorers and they could pay him. Also, I see them competing next year and he’s very good in the playoffs. Plus there first this year will be top3 so they could draft another high end forward.

I feel like Dallas's depth up front means they can afford to be patient; Guentzel doesn't fill a need for this team right now, at least not at that price.

Also, Dadonov's injury may very well take him out past the trade deadline anyway.

(Also who knows how long Guentzel's going to be on the shelf)
Dadanov is just a throw in for cap purposes mainly and Guentzel will most likely be healthy before the deadline.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Would love to hear what other Pens fans think of this statement.

At this point in Sid's career it's more true than it is false.

I kind of am entertained to see Jake traded because of how many people think he is a product of Crosby.

I don't think we've really ever seen any player massively bumped in terms of production with Sid. Kunitz was a 60 pt winger prior to coming to PIT. He had the big lock out season. But aside form that was largely a 60 pt player in PIT.

Dupuis his his career high in PIT in 11-12 when Sid was largely out for the majority of the season.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How can’t they? They seem to have a decent core of young dmen and forwards. Adding guentzel plus some pieces in free agency on top of all of their upcoming draft picks and they definitely sneak in next year.
Should watch some Ducks games, that will easily change your expectations lol

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
How can’t they? They seem to have a decent core of young dmen and forwards. Adding guentzel plus some pieces in free agency on top of all of their upcoming draft picks and they definitely sneak in next year.
Why not just sign Guentzel as a UFA this summer then? If Verbeek really believes bringing in a 30 year old goal scorer is the missing piece to get into the playoffs? The Ducks have the cap space to make a strong free agent offer.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
No GM trades Wyatt Johnston for a 30 y.o. and keeps his job. Just ask George McPhee how a similar trade helped his career trajectory in Washington.
Not comparable even the slightest bit.

Okay so Anaheim isn’t a good partner how do Dallas fans feel about it?

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I mean it’s not 2014 anymore Crosby and Malkin aren’t these world beaters, they are 37 years old. If anything Guentzel helps Crosby more than the other way around.
Crosby is 36 and has the 9th most EVP in the league. Not slamming Jake who is excellent, but both your sentences above are wrong.

Reactions: Daz28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad