Proposal: Pit-Ana

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Kapanen+POJ+? for Manson+Deslaurier

Minor picks or contracts added on either side to make it work, but I think this is a fairly realistic trade imo. Deslaurier adds toughness to pens bottom 6 and Manson gives them a top 4 option incase letang leaves. Kapanen adds speed and skill to ducks top 9 and POJ is a solid D prospect who would help offset loss of Lindholm. Thoughts?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know.. 2 cost-controlled guys for 2 UFAs. I’m not even entirely certain Deslauriers would be one of our best 12 forwards if entirely healthy either.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don’t know.. 2 cost-controlled guys for 2 UFAs. I’m not even entirely certain Deslauriers would be one of our best 12 forwards if entirely healthy either.

Deslauriers can take on all the top heavyweights in the league and he's worked his way into becoming a more useful player than most of them, even has earned some PK time this year. I think a lot of playoff bound teams would/will be interested.

I agree though, if the Pens are going to shore up their lineup with a couple UFAs, seems highly doubtful they are using young roster players as bait.

Anaheim should be able to squeeze a first rounder out of a playoff bound team in exchange for Manson, not sure if the need is strong enough for Pittsburgh to be that team.

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022
Kapanen+POJ+? for Manson+Deslaurier

Minor picks or contracts added on either side to make it work, but I think this is a fairly realistic trade imo. Deslaurier adds toughness to pens bottom 6 and Manson gives them a top 4 option incase letang leaves. Kapanen adds speed and skill to ducks top 9 and POJ is a solid D prospect who would help offset loss of Lindholm. Thoughts?

I don't mind it from Pittsburgh's point of view. Kapanen is young, skilled and would fit with Anaheims young group and he needs a change of scenery. Poj also is young and could slide in to their 3rd pair. Manson and Deslaurier give us some much need toughness that we will need in the playoffs.
Black N Gold agrees

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't mind it from Pittsburgh's point of view. Kapanen is young, skilled and would fit with Anaheims young group and he needs a change of scenery. Poj also is young and could slide in to their 3rd pair. Manson and Deslaurier give us some much need toughness that we will need in the playoffs.
Black N Gold agrees

lol no Black N Gold doesnt. Thats so bad.

POJ is second in goals for dmen in the AHL and is 22. Hes cost controlled for our already expensive blue line. Kap is having a down year but an RFA with value still.

Pittsburgh cants score goals right now. They dont need toughness they need offense. Neither of those guys help.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I can accept that KK hasn't hit his potential for the Pens, but I can't abide shipping him (and pretty much the only "ready" prospect we have right now). Not when it doesnt seem to address another major need.

I'm also okay moving Kasperi, too, but with the cognizance that he cost a first. I would like to be getting another youngish, stalled, cost-controlled player back. Is Anaheim stuck in "wait and see" mode with both Comtois or Steel?

Also, Deslauries is cool and all, but I dont want to turn into the Rangers or Capitals. I want to beat those teams, preferably by scoring more than them.

As far as sacrificing POJ goes, no way. Not after what he's showing the AHL right now. Pens need to move one of their existing LDs, and likely move on from Zucker in the summer, rather than sacrificing good/solid cost-controlled players 25 and under.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I can accept that KK hasn't hit his potential for the Pens, but I can't abide shipping him (and pretty much the only "ready" prospect we have right now). Not when it doesnt seem to address another major need.

I'm also okay moving Kasperi, too, but with the cognizance that he cost a first. I would like to be getting another youngish, stalled, cost-controlled player back. Is Anaheim stuck in "wait and see" mode with both Comtois or Steel?

Also, Deslauries is cool and all, but I dont want to turn into the Rangers or Capitals. I want to beat those teams, preferably by scoring more than them.

As far as sacrificing POJ goes, no way. Not after what he's showing the AHL right now. Pens need to move one of their existing LDs, and likely move on from Zucker in the summer, rather than sacrificing good/solid cost-controlled players 25 and under.

At this point, I think Comtois would only be used as part of a package for a young upgrade at a position of need, he just led the team in points last season. Steel is probably someone that could be used for a change if scenery move for another young player.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I'm ambivalent about Kapanen, but I think I'd rather keep POJ and see how he looks as a full-timer in the lineup next season than trade him for a rental. The Pens will need capable young guys moving forward, and I don't think Manson and Deslauriers necessarily put the Penguins over the top this year.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
At this point, I think Comtois would only be used as part of a package for a young upgrade at a position of need, he just led the team in points last season. Steel is probably someone that could be used for a change if scenery move for another young player.
Fair enough, that was the way I figured it would be. Comtois: way too soon to give up on without getting good value back, Steel: change of scenery candidate. Especially after the experience of Terry taking some time to marinate before breaking out.

Any chance you’d be interested in a Pettersson return, in the event that Lindholm walks? He’s solid, and const controlled for a long while, but we just have so much money tied up on LD. Or is that time for Guhle/Mahura to be elevated in the lineup?

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Terrible of what little asset management the Pens have.

Another poster from the pens said they need more scoring.....really they dont they are in the top 10 in the NHL, Obviously the secondary scoring has shut down lately ( a few games) but Deslaurier and Manson are not what we need.

A top 6 winger for Geno and A D-Man with some stay at home sandpaper would be nice adds if your serious about doing something. POJ and Kap together are not what you use to bring in 2 UFA's.

I like both those guys but not for that

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Fair enough, that was the way I figured it would be. Comtois: way too soon to give up on without getting good value back, Steel: change of scenery candidate. Especially after the experience of Terry taking some time to marinate before breaking out.

Any chance you’d be interested in a Pettersson return, in the event that Lindholm walks? He’s solid, and const controlled for a long while, but we just have so much money tied up on LD. Or is that time for Guhle/Mahura to be elevated in the lineup?

I don't think Mahura/Benoit are more than 3rd pairing guys (Guhle is an AHL d-man). I'm not sure if Ducks would want Petterson back. Different GM, so it's possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad