Proposal: Pit-Ana

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
So I was thinking and I thought this deal would make sense for both teams:

Sheary+2nd+Future Considerations for Fowler before the expansion draft. Sheary is exempt. Then after the expansion, we trade Maatta who is the FC to the ducks for a 3rd. Final deal looks like:

Sheary+Maatta+2nd for Fowler+3rd. The 2nd can be switched to a 1st if it must but Ana would have to add something as well. Discuss.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Nope. I like Maatta and sheary, but a cup contender isn't going to trade their best defensemen while trying tot win as much as possible while in thier cup window.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Is the value close though or is it far off?

Would you take a bunch of lesser pieces for Crosby? Not trying to be combatative, but whether or not the value is close is not the right question to ask( as it's subjective anyway). The real question is does that trade make Anaheim better.

I don't see Pit and Anahiem being great trade partners really.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think Sheary would be all that good of a fit on Anaheim, nor would I do this trade before the expansion draft. If I make any trade with the defense, it's going to be a straight up lateral move where the Penguins get a better and older defensemen from a bad team for Maatta or Dumoulin.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I don't think Sheary would be all that good of a fit on Anaheim, nor would I do this trade before the expansion draft. If I make any trade with the defense, it's going to be a straight up lateral move where the Penguins get a better and older defensemen from a bad team for Maatta or Dumoulin.

What about Sprong in place for Sheary? I know a lot of Pens fans will not like this and I'm actually hesitant as well bc I think Sprong has 30-40 goal potential.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So I was thinking and I thought this deal would make sense for both teams:

Sheary+2nd+Future Considerations for Fowler before the expansion draft. Sheary is exempt. Then after the expansion, we trade Maatta who is the FC to the ducks for a 3rd. Final deal looks like:

Sheary+Maatta+2nd for Fowler+3rd. The 2nd can be switched to a 1st if it must but Ana would have to add something as well. Discuss.

Sheary isn't the kind of forward I have interest in. Why would a Maatta to Ducks be proposed? That wouldn't help with our need to trade a defenseman before expansion draft.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Value is probably there with Fowler been a year away from UFA. But I don't think the trade helps us. Like others, I don't see Sheary being a good fit here, and the downgrade from Fowler to Maatta isn't something I'm comfortable doing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Getting Fowler prior to ED and having to protect Maatta until after before we trade him is a complete and total non-go for the Pens imo.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
They will find no shortage of takers for Vatanen.

there are about 5 teams in the league who can protect another dman without losing someone good. at least 3 of those are basement teams like NJ/Van and Colorado (and thats assuming beauchemin gets bought out)

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
there are about 5 teams in the league who can protect another dman without losing someone good. at least 3 of those are basement teams like NJ/Van and Colorado (and thats assuming beauchemin gets bought out)
"Someone good". It would be funny to ask you to list these players, but I'm already on my way to bed.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm a Pens fan and know a deal for Fowler is unrealistic. However I'm curious as to how Anaheim fans value Despres?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm a Pens fan and know a deal for Fowler is unrealistic. However I'm curious as to how Anaheim fans value Despres?
It doesn't seem likely he will ever play again. So nothing.
However Ducks aren't trading him and adding some sweetener either.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would love to get either Vatanen or Fowler to the Pens.

I suggested Rust+1st for Vatanen.

There's another thing I've been toying with on CapFriendly...what about something that has Fowler or Vatanen + Bieska going to Pittsburgh? What could we work out there?

Something like Vatanen+Bieska @50%+3rd for Rust+Pouliot+1st

That would give you guys an extra slot to protect a dman with.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I would love to get either Vatanen or Fowler to the Pens.

I suggested Rust+1st for Vatanen.

There's another thing I've been toying with on CapFriendly...what about something that has Fowler or Vatanen + Bieska going to Pittsburgh? What could we work out there?

Something like Vatanen+Bieska @50%+3rd for Rust+Pouliot+1st

That would give you guys an extra slot to protect a dman with.

Rust isn't good enough of a offensive producer so not interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad