Pistachios

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Settle some beef for me,

If you could only buy one type the rest of your life, which would you buy?

The ones in the shells - have to crack them yourself, but get a little better value

The ones pre cracked - don't have to crack them yourself, but not as good value

I'm on team shell. To me the effort is half of what makes pistachios a good snack. Very rewarding.

A friend at work buys the pre-cracked one and says that its not worth the effort of opening the shells, and that there are always some pistachio shells that are un-openable and therefore a waste

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Shelled for me. I have killer teeth and can crack the "un-openable" ones no problem, so they just end up being a free resource when no one else wants theirs.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
What "value" does being in the shell offer exactly?

For me I like the shells cause it kinda slows you down. You could snack on them for half an hour and since you gotta crack em you don't over eat

And sometimes its rewarding after you finally crack a tough one or something

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
I've never had a pistachio, but I am allergic to some nuts, and I would rather not risk discovering that I am allergic to these

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
confused by the poll

i believe "shelled" refers to nuts that have had the shells removed and "unshelled" is not a thing, because that would mean that shells were removed and then that process is reversed having the shells put back on which I've never seen anywhere not even in a health food store.

Irregardlessly, I prefer nuts to be in their shells before I eat them - only nuts I don't buy like that are mixed nuts and corn nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad