Rumor: Pirri & Zolnierczyk to sign 2-way deals

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm surprised Pirri would go for that and the timing seems odd. After one game?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm surprised Pirri would go for that and the timing seems odd. After one game?

Not surprised about Pirri. He knows Tallon has his back and would give him a call-up. Don't know how many other teams would give Pirri a shot at this point. They're not giving them roster spots after 1 game...2-way deals.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not surprised about Pirri. He knows Tallon has his back and would give him a call-up. Don't know how many other teams would give Pirri a shot at this point. They're not giving them roster spots after 1 game...2-way deals.
I meant it's odd that they'd get signed after one game. Usually PTOs sign right as the camp is about to end.

Springfield needs veterans, so 2-way is good.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Zolniercyzk, I'd figure would. Surprised Pirri took a 2-way. I guess this is the subtext on the money saving of the Demers trade.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Good for Springfield. Boy is Tallon loyal to "his guys"

Zolneirczyk will be a nice depth call up

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Totally fine with this.

The other benefit to this is that we can have these guys as scratches sitting in press box rather than young guys like Haapala, McCann, Mamin, Repo, Jayce, etc. who we want playing as much as possible, whether its NHL or AHL.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
That's cool with me. I like Harry Z for the 4th line.

Pirri is meh but at least its a 2-way deal.

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
at least it bolsters our already lethal shootout squad. we might have the best shootout lineup in the league despite a bottom ten roster. those points will be massive if we get lucky enough to contend for a spot which we wont.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
After we suffer another injury plagued season
Maybe as the 13th forward? Or he'll be the first call up. He wouldn't sacrifice more money in Europe and a guaranteed Olympic spot for Springfield.

Pirri could play in the Olympics if he is in the AHL ?

No, it's only for players on one way AHL deals (that's why guys like Ryan Malone and David Booth are still around, they want an AHL deal to stay in game shape so they're looked at for Pyeongchang)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe as the 13th forward? Or he'll be the first call up. He wouldn't sacrifice more money in Europe and a guaranteed Olympic spot for Springfield.

No, it's only for players on one way AHL deals (that's why guys like Ryan Malone and David Booth are still around, they want an AHL deal to stay in game shape so they're looked at for Pyeongchang)

Having him up as a healthy scratch makes sense. Would be the ideal 13th guy, and hopefully Haley is #14.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

That would be hard after Tallon backed Boughners back that hard. I don´t believe he will say Boughner who to call up. It´s more about staying in US.

If you once go over the Ocean its hard to get back. So he still hang in on the NHL hope. But overall Pirri is good enough for the AHL. He is like Brennan a good Player but never reached the NHL. And Pirri is on that Way.
Doesn´t understand the second Deal.

So if Tallon commands Boughner who he should call up, we get another Office vs Coach Problem and Tallon cant walk that Way.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Having him up as a healthy scratch makes sense. Would be the ideal 13th guy, and hopefully Haley is #14.

Ya I don't mind, it's just his love for players is a meme at this point.

I can only hope that everyone here one day finds a girl that loves them as much as Dale Tallon loves his "guys" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad