Proposal: Pietrangelo to the Oilers

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:edmontonAlex Pietrangelo, Chad Johnson

:blues Darnell Nurse, Cam Talbot, Kailer Yamamoto, 2019 unprotected 1st

Cap is essentially even, the Blues take on an extra $10,000.

Oilers after trade:

Caggiula - McDavid - Draisaitl
Rieder - Nuge - Puljujarvi
Spooner - Khaira - Chiasson
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Russell - Pietrangelo
Klefbom - Larsson
Gravel - Wideman

Koskinen
Johnson

It could also be Adam Larsson instead of Nurse if the Blues want RD.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We already have 5m locked up into piss poor goaltending. Might as well lock up another 4... For the record I don't think this is a bad offer. That being said I don't really want to trade Pietrangelo or Parayko.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
We already have 5m locked up into piss poor goaltending. Might as well lock up another 4... For the record I don't think this is a bad offer. That being said I don't really want to trade Pietrangelo or Parayko.
Talbot is a UFA this year. There is a chance he can bounce back in STL, but if not, they can just just let him walk in FA.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Talbot is a UFA this year. There is a chance he can bounce back in STL, but if not, they can just just let him walk in FA.

Ahh that's not terrible then. Could be good for a 1A 1B. The issue here is our defense has been terrible as is, our goaltending hasn't exactly helped. But although Pietro hasn't been good this year he is part of the solution. I'm not sure if Nurse is as good. It's not a terrible offer, I'm just on the fence of would rather not trade Pietrangelo.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Care to elaborate?
If we are trading Pietrangelo, ideally we get either a top forward, defenseman, OR goalie in return.

In that package we get none of that. It’s a struggling goalie, a meh d-man, and a meh prospect. The 1st isn’t bad but that’s just not an enticing pool of assets.

Surely we can find something better in return for a #1 d-man if we decide to blow it up.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Oilers after trade:

Caggiula - McDavid - Draisaitl
Rieder - Nuge - Puljujarvi
Spooner - Khaira - Chiasson
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Russell - Pietrangelo
Klefbom - Larsson
Gravel - Wideman

Koskinen
Johnson

It could also be Adam Larsson instead of Nurse if the Blues want RD.

That forward depth is... wow

Reactions: dwright5314

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Edmonton hiring hitch pretty much ruined any shot of petro waving his ntc to go there. Only player on the blues you might get now is allen because hitch thought he was good and kept playing him over Elliot.

Reactions: Berserk

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The Blues are not trading Pietrangelo.

Personally, I’m getting tired of reading idiotic Blues proposals in this forum...guess this is just the crap you have to deal with when your team is doing poorly.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad