Speculation: Pietrangelo Close To Signing Extension (could be tonight)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
For all the folks arguing, my short summary:

NMC/NTC can contain three unique items:
A) Limited or full protection against being Traded.
B) Protection against being Waived.
C) Protection against being Loaned to the AHL or other leagues.

A full NMC protects against A, B and C.
A partial NMC can protect against B or C.
A full NTC protects against A.
A partial NTC protects against some of A.

One of the things we learned during the Vegas expansion is that the mandatory protection requirement boiled down to (B). Bobby Ryan was said to have a NMC but it turns out that NMC only protected against (C) but (B). Which is why Ottawa could have chosen to expose Ryan to the expansion draft.

Another thing we learned during the Vegas expansion draft is that the media often misses out on partial NMC clauses. Many players were found to have partial NMC’s that had never been publicly disclosed before the draft, including on CF’s website.

Until St Louis explicitly says something to the contrary I will consider it possible that Faulk could have a partial NMC requiring him to protected in the Seattle expansion draft. I don’t expect the media/Capfriendly to be 100% accurate on this without active confirmation.

So to be clear. Faulk can have a contract clause that protects him from expansion?

Whether or not he does is a totally separate issue. But he could?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
So to be clear. Faulk can have a contract clause that protects him from expansion?

Whether or not he does is a totally separate issue. But he could?

The only contract clause Faulk could have to protect him from expansion is a partial NMC that protects against him being Waived.

Anything else is an unenforceable handshake agreement.

Again as I said in my post, there have been partial NMC clauses not reported leading up to the Vegas expansion draft. My personal thoughts are Faulk probably doesn’t have the partial NMC clause. But it’s not impossible he does or that there is some sort of unenforceable agreement between Faulk and the Blues where Faulk expects not to be exposed in the expansion draft.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The only contract clause Faulk could have to protect him from expansion is a partial NMC that protects against him being Waived.

Anything else is an unenforceable handshake agreement.

Again as I said in my post, there have been partial NMC clauses not reported leading up to the Vegas expansion draft. My personal thoughts are Faulk probably doesn’t have the partial NMC clause. But it’s not impossible he does or that there is some sort of unenforceable agreement between Faulk and the Blues that Faulk expects not to be exposed in the expansion draft.

Fair enough. Thanks for the input

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad