Pierre-Luc Dubois or Nolan Patrick

Pierre-Luc Dubois or Nolan Patrick

• Total voters

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
They are like this same player to me. Their junior stats were very similar too in their draft years. Can't vote.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
what?

1. its not a joke
2. it can't even be interpreted as a joke.
I know he is having a somewhat lucky offensive season but there is no way he is better offensively than Couturier. Guy has 70 points

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I know he is having a somewhat lucky offensive season but there is no way he is better offensively than Couturier. Guy has 70 points

He said most offensively talented. There's a case to be made there. Patrick may well be the more naturally skilled offensive player (he's definitely got softer hands and probably sees the ice better, and they're both high iq players). Whether that translates into higher production than what Couturier has been doing this season remains to be seen.

Also, Jtown is a longtime Couturier detractor, so there's that.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just because he was playing 1C doesn’t mean he was/will be one. I don’t see 1C upside in him however I think a 55-60 point all around beast would be fair which is exactly what I said, high end 2C
He is 19 playing as a one c for some of the season already and you don't think he has the potential to be a 1st line center. A player with draft pedigree who also happens to be bigger so his development curve is likely longer.

You sir have an agenda.

Great poll impossible to say who the better player will be when it's all said and done at this point. Both players have the tools to be elite players in my opinion.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

You suck at backhanded compliments. Coots is really good at keeping the puck in the ozone. more time in the ozone with guys like giroux and kocecny more good things will happen. Patrick makes things happen. He facilitates the play.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
PLD will be a high end #2 imo. Patrick, I have little doubt will be a legit 1C. Patrick but somewhat close

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
PLD will be a high end #2 imo. Patrick, I have little doubt will be a legit 1C. Patrick but somewhat close
Just out of curiosity whats the difference between the two that separates them? Dubois hasn't shown anything that suggests he can't be a 1C. I mean he's playing like a high end #2 right now. It took him about 20 games to adjust to the NHL but I'd wager he's good for at least 50-60 pts next season, especially if he's centering Panarin and Atkinson again.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just out of curiosity whats the difference between the two that separates them? Dubois hasn't shown anything that suggests he can't be a 1C. I mean he's playing like a high end #2 right now. It took him about 20 games to adjust to the NHL but I'd wager he's good for at least 50-60 pts next season, especially if he's centering Panarin and Atkinson again.
One wears a Flyers uniform and the other doesnt.
Skill was never a question, I compared these 2 for awhile and always said they had similar skill and number 1 upside. My biggest concerns for Dubois going into the year are a thing of the past, he is not some wide eyed kid enjoying the show hes out there helping lead the charge

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Dubois will probably have greater opportunity playing with Panarin on the top line and the powerplay.

A far as fantasy hockey goes, probably a safer bet compared to the opportunity Patrick has gotten.

Not trying to comment on the talent of either player.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Dubois will probably have greater opportunity playing with Panarin on the top line and the powerplay.

A far as fantasy hockey goes, probably a safer bet compared to the opportunity Patrick has gotten.

Not trying to comment on the talent of either player.
Hes played with Voracek and Lindblom for a little while now as far as a I know. Not too bad of a line either

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
What a weird argument considering Voracek is outscoring Panarin .

All I’m saying is he plays more minutes, so his opportunity to score is greater.

Don’t see how saying a 1st line center having a greater opportunity than a 2nd line forward is so weird lol

Also, one of these guys plays on their teams top power play Unit and one doesn’t, so Patrick isn’t getting those prime power play minutes with Voracek.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Vision.

Patrick has elite vision already

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Vision.

Patrick has elite vision already
And Dubois doesn't? You don't put up 45 points in your rookie season without damn good vision and hockey IQ.

Dubois is excellent at reading the plays, his teammates and being in the correct position to make a play. Not only that he's being leaned on as a #1 and is the Jackets best center (which means tougher matchups).

How would Patrick be doing if he didn't have Giroux, Courtier or Filpula to help him out?

Because all Dubois has is Wennberg (having a down season), Foligno (injured and much better as a wing), Dubinsky (in the middle of a major regression), Sedlak(borderline nhler) and Letestu (never gonna see more than 3rd line minutes).

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
And Dubois doesn't? You don't put up 45 points in your rookie season without damn good vision and hockey IQ.

Dubois is excellent at reading the plays, his teammates and being in the correct position to make a play. Not only that he's being leaned on as a #1 and is the Jackets best center (which means tougher matchups).

How would Patrick be doing if he didn't have Giroux, Courtier or Filpula to help him out?

Because all Dubois has is Wennberg (having a down season), Foligno (injured and much better as a wing), Dubinsky (in the middle of a major regression), Sedlak(borderline nhler) and Letestu (never gonna see more than 3rd line minutes).
No, Dubois doesn't have the vision Patrick does

And he doesn't play with Giroux or Couturier at any capacity.... and he's coming off off-Season surgery and is getting better by the game.

Ill wager Patrick outscores PLD next year while being a year behind in development.

Look at my post history, I've ragged on Patrick for a while about his slow start, I thought he looked terrible. He's clearly starting to get healthy and he's a completely different player

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
No, Dubois doesn't have the vision Patrick does

And he doesn't play with Giroux or Couturier at any capacity.... and he's coming off off-Season surgery and is getting better by the game.

Ill wager Patrick outscores PLD next year while being a year behind in development.

Look at my post history, I've ragged on Patrick for a while about his slow start, I thought he looked terrible. He's clearly starting to get healthy and he's a completely different player
Obviously he's not playing with Giroux or Courtier, but they are drawing the toughest matchups. I'm not gonna pretend like I watch a lot of flyer's games, but I know Giroux and Courtier are going to draw whoever the flyers are playing against best players.

If Giroux and Coots were substituted for 30/40 pt players and Patrick had to lead the team would they still be in the same spot they are in now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad