Pierre Lacroix passes away

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
When I think of Pierre Lacroix, I think of how he schemed a couple years ahead of time to try to land Vincent Lecavalier at the 1998 Draft.

Early in the 1997-98 season, Colorado owned 1st rounders from Boston-San Jose-Los Angeles-Washington. A few months earlier, those teams had picked #1, #2, #3, and #9 at the 1997 Draft.

The scary thing was that the Avs gave up some decent players to procure the picks but they were still very much a contender. The present day comparable might be if the Lightning owned 2021 1st rounders from Detroit, Ottawa, Los Angeles, and Minnesota.

By some small miracle, all four teams improved that season and those picks turned into #12, #17, #19, and #20.

RIP Pierre, you definitely made that 1998 draft year fun to follow.

Not too bad considering #12 and #17 (Tanguay and Skoula) ended up being important piece of the 2001 championship team.

Reactions: Voight

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
RIP Pierre.

When I was in 8th grade I was considering a career in sports business management and for school we had to write to a luminary in the field we were aspiring to join... being an Avs fan at the time I chose Pierre. To my surprise I received a very thoughtful return letter with his autograph a few weeks later.

Very sad to hear this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad