Confirmed with Link: Pierre Lacroix - Elected to Hockey HOF

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
This guy got in too...

Turgeon had a really good start with the Avs, but fell apart during an injury plague second half of 2005-2006. He was even healthy scratched most of the playoffs, and was brutal when he finally made it into the Anaheim series.

Will never forget that short stick he always played with. I also remember some random long wrist shot goal he scored against St. Louis in 2006-2007.

Some beautiful soul assembled a montage of all Turgeon's behind-the-net goals with the Avs. Enjoy:

Reactions: Hennessy

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My view of Turgeon completely changed when he came to Colorado. I always viewed him as soft for some dumb reason, but he was anything but. Worked his ass off to retrieve pucks and set up his office behind the net, and never failed to get it to Marek Svatos in the slot area. Those two were an unstoppable tandem. A shame injuries did them both in so quickly.

Sad thought comes to mind--I went to an Avs game when he was still playing for Colorado and between periods they interviewed a little girl who was playing hockey with a bunch of other kids during intermission, turned out that was Pierre Turgeon's daughter. I believe that little girl was killed in a car accident a few years later.

As for Pierre, well-deserved. I'll always have fond memories of the man, and he was the biggest reason the Avs won their first two Cups, and he mentored the man most responsible for the third.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My view of Turgeon completely changed when he came to Colorado. I always viewed him as soft for some dumb reason, but he was anything but. Worked his ass off to retrieve pucks and set up his office behind the net, and never failed to get it to Marek Svatos in the slot area. Those two were an unstoppable tandem. A shame injuries did them both in so quickly.

Sad thought comes to mind--I went to an Avs game when he was still playing for Colorado and between periods they interviewed a little girl who was playing hockey with a bunch of other kids during intermission, turned out that was Pierre Turgeon's daughter. I believe that little girl was killed in a car accident a few years later.

As for Pierre, well-deserved. I'll always have fond memories of the man, and he was the biggest reason the Avs won their first two Cups, and he mentored the man most responsible for the third.

He had that rep because he didn't participate in the Canada/CCCP brawl at the world juniors. Nobody in the hockey world ever let him live that down.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He had that rep because he didn't participate in the Canada/CCCP brawl at the world juniors. Nobody in the hockey world ever let him live that down.
The issue isn't that he refused to fight someone. Everyone knew he was a future #1 overall pick that didn't have an interest in pugilism. The issue is that he just sat on the bench leaving the rest of his team outnumbered on the ice. He should have at least gone out there and grabbed someone just to even the numbers out.

Don't think it matters that much and he deserved a HHOF nomination a while ago. I've long argued he's the best player not in the Hall, so glad to see him get in.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The issue isn't that he refused to fight someone. Everyone knew he was a future #1 overall pick that didn't have an interest in pugilism. The issue is that he just sat on the bench leaving the rest of his team outnumbered on the ice. He should have at least gone out there and grabbed someone just to even the numbers out.

Don't think it matters that much and he deserved a HHOF nomination a while ago. I've long argued he's the best player not in the Hall, so glad to see him get in.

My saying of him not participating was that he didn't get involved at all. A number of guys didn't fight, but participated. A couple other guys didn't participate either, but Turgeon was the big name and drew all the scrutiny. It stuck with him forever. Not gonna get into the right or wrong of it as the lens has changed through the years... but that's why he was always labeled soft.

FTR Turgeon denies he never left the bench and didn't join. The video from the time makes it pretty hard to confirm he left the bench.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Well I can't remember the poster but I seem to remember a poor command of English and a comment "big fat snake eat PL." I cannot remember the context.
It was back in the early 2000s. I remember it happening but can't remember anything other than the meme. Also, someone had a avatar of a cobra snake with PL's headshot in its mouth. That was a classic.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

It's funny how that was held against him for decades while we hear "we shouldn't let a bad judgement when he was a teen follow him around for the rest of his life" about guys who commit assaults off the ice.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
It was back in the early 2000s. I remember it happening but can't remember anything other than the meme. Also, someone had a avatar of a cobra snake with PL's headshot in its mouth. That was a classic.

I also remember this. Was said poster Quebecois? That creeps into my memory of that time.

I'm not usually this guy....but.
Weakest class ever.
Hard to argue against that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Congrats Pierre! So awesome for EL to take this moment in too. You know he's just beaming with pride. Great stuff.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad