Confirmed with Link: Pierre Lacroix - Elected to Hockey HOF

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Totally deserved.

Brilliant at so many aspects of the management side, from pure negotiating to business savvy to empathy and legitimate relationships.

A total winner. Absolutely loved to win. You hear how some guys hate to lose more than they love to win, yadda yadda yadda. Nah, PL just loved winning.

A guy who is asked on draft day what his team’s goals for the weekend are and answers “to win the last game of the season.” Love him to bits.

A few taps of the stick to PL up in the afterleagues. You earned this one.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Well deserved for Lacroix and Turgeon.

Add another to the list of Hall of Famers that played <100 games in an Avs jersey:
Paul Kariya (52 combined regular season and playoff games)
Dave Andreychuck (31 combined regular season and playoff games)
Jarri Kurri (74 combined regular season and playoff games)
Pierre Turgeon (84 combined regular season and playoff games)
Teemu Selanne (88 combined regular season and playoff games)

Bourque (128), Iginla (225), and Blake (390) were all here for decent enough chunks of games.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Well deserved for Lacroix and Turgeon.

Add another to the list of Hall of Famers that played <100 games in an Avs jersey:
Paul Kariya (52 combined regular season and playoff games)
Dave Andreychuck (31 combined regular season and playoff games)
Jarri Kurri (74 combined regular season and playoff games)
Pierre Turgeon (84 combined regular season and playoff games)
Teemu Selanne (88 combined regular season and playoff games)

Bourque (128), Iginla (225), and Blake (390) were all here for decent enough chunks of games.
Oddly enough he settled in Denver.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Happy for Pierre - but I’ll always say that these things are ridiculous. Pierre passes away in 2020 and can’t live this moment. There needs to be some way to get people in quicker.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Very well deserved for PL. Architect is the perfect characterization of what he meant to this franchise and their first two Cups. Can't have a Hall of Fame without someone like him in it as a builder.

Too bad he wasn't inducted while he was still alive. Always felt like he wasn't really part of the old boys club because of his style. At least he's in now though.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
The man was a winner. That's honestly the easiest way to describe him. In everything he applied himself, a caring, warm, leader and winner.

He created a heavyweight culture.

Truly miss this guy. Well deserved reward.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Without his time in Colorado, he likely doesn't make it. His 500g, 800a, and 1300p milestones all came with the Avs and the reason he got in despite never really being a top end guy was his milestones.
I think Marek Svatos rejuvenated him. Those two developed a special chemistry. It's so tragic what happened to Svatos.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Ruslan Salei was around that time, too wasn't he? So sad 😭

Sorry to bring that up.
Yeah, Salei and Skrastins, along with absolutely too many others, died in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash in 2011. Svatos died in 2016 from the effects CTE. He was self-medicating with drugs and OD'd, like Wade Belak and way too many other hockey players.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Yeah, Salei and Skrastins, along with absolutely too many others, died in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash in 2011. Svatos died in 2016 from the effects CTE. He was self-medicating with drugs and OD'd, like Wade Belak and way too many other hockey players.
I gave the a love emoji, not because I love what you said, but because I remember too - so much loss, huh. So many good things ahead for these young men.

It's why I really respect that article Wilson posted upon his retirement. Took a lot to explain the drugs in sports thing (prescription I mean).

This is why we should always support, back and love our boys doing their best for us. Life can be so short !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad