Confirmed with Link: Pierre-Edouard Bellemare 2-Year Ext. ($1.45M AAV), Selected by VGK in Expansion 6/21

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
This is not a massive deal.

I like Bellemare, he's a good soldier and he's not a terrible hockey player. It's not his fault he is saddled with that POS VV all year.

He's looked like a good player away from him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If he's going to be paid this much then VDV needs to be hauled out and replaced with Weise so that line can at least have a chance of producing. VDV is so terrible he can manage to make fourth liners cap-inefficient.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
VV won't be here next year. Everyone and their cat can see that he's a terrible player. Hextall will replace him with one of the phantoms.

Reactions: Curufinwe

psychwarfare

Mar 1, 2017
It might not be a big deal, and I'm waiting to see how the last hour plays out. But, it certainly helps push me towards the "not renewing" side with my season tix.

I see no point in wasting 4k next year on this team.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I hate when people scoff at small contracts. It matters because a couple of overpayments of 750k add up to another 2.25 million you can spend on a good player. That makes a difference in a league where ever penny counts

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I hate when people scoff at small contracts. It matters because a couple of overpayments of 750k add up to another 2.25 million you can spend on a good player. That makes a difference in a league where ever penny counts

Read, Weise, PEB, A Mac add up to a **** ton of cap space, this deal is awful

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Way too much for a 4th liner, that should've been cut in half. My issue is with the evaluation and production of UFA's under Hextall. Signing Del Zotto late in the off-season is the only one that has worked, and is also the only one you can't blame on him. Neuvirth worked last year, I don't think he's an .887 goalie, but he's not more than a .910-.915 or so. Schultz, Raffl, and Weise are all guys who have failed since signing new deals. Vandevelde has been way over-exposed. Gordon is one-dimensional and is out of the league. Lyubimov has barely been given a chance. And these guys are mucking up the spots that we're going to want the young players to slide into.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

You're absolutely right. But by the same token, it doesn't warrant the kind of reaction we are seeing. I mean, I get why people are losing their **** at the moment - it's bad news. But I hope most people will calm down over the next few hours/days and put it in perspective. We won't be up against the cap while this contract is active, so it won't hurt us.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Not a big deal. Only 1.45M AAV. Who cares?

he's a dime a dozen player that could be swapped out with literally anybody in the league and it would barely make an impact.

you could sign 4th liner who waited too long in FA for 900k, happens all the time. don't understand this move at all.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Can we have an in-forum wager regarding whether VdV gets signed or not? Avatar related.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The problem with this signing is that the clear path to upgrading this team has always been to get rid of VdV and Bellemare and plug in...literally anybody. Like signing a Dale Weise could be defended if he's replacing VdV but that's not what happened. Putting Jordan Weal or Scott Laughton at 4C is totally fine and is a low risk/high upside move but the team insists on collecting guys who fit under the category of "he's so bad offensively, he must be good defensively."

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
This is terrible. I loved Hextall as a player and I think his long term vision is right, but this is ****. I really don't want to see the blind homers on here defending this.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'm not convinced he's as incompetent has he's appeared this year. He had a great World Cup. I don't hate the signing, I think he can be a good 4th liner going forward who can supply some offense, PK, and hopefully play wing rather than C

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
And 3 mediocre NHL seasons of over 200 games. I think I know which sample size is more revealing.

:laugh: Congrats. So do I.

I believe, out of the doom and gloom of what's happening on this board, he'll be fine if he's able to play with some decent 4th line talent. Perhaps him, Leier, and Cousins or Laughton with PEB at the wing...

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Ok. I assumed Hextall would resign him, but this is Jody Shelley overpayment. Time for a new signing video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad