Confirmed with Link: Picks recalled, Varly day-to-day

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ugh I hate to see him having any type of trouble with his groin. Probably overacting but I'd give him the Sidney Crosby treatment. Send him to the best in the world and keep him out of action until it's completely better, and more. Let Berra and Pickard ride it out. Hopefully both play good enough that we can trade one of them for a decent asset and the other can back up a fully healthy Varly.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Ugh I hate to see him having any type of trouble with his groin. Probably overacting but I'd give him the Sidney Crosby treatment. Send him to the best in the world and keep him out of action until it's completely better, and more. Let Berra and Pickard ride it out. Hopefully both play good enough that we can trade one of them for a decent asset and the other can back up a fully healthy Varly.

I agree. I dont think we are gonna lose next 5-10 games, because of goaltending. Let him heal fully and then let the beast Varly out again.

I'm pretty confident with Berra and Pickard ATM. Heck, Berra has outplayed Varlamov this season, so I dont even know If it's huge loss. Sure If Varly was playing top of his game, but he wasn't, not even close.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So when does Pickard get in a game? If he's still around I hope he plays in Winnipeg, that would be real special for him. Our AHL team will be garbage without him so might as well use him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This is only the 2nd year in Colorado he's had this issue.

Yeah, I'm a lot less concerned about it than a lot of people seem to be. Especially if it's a day-to-day thing. The Pickard callup is just so they can have an available backup goalie in case Berra gets hurt during a game. Maybe he'll get a start on this road trip if Varley's not ready for it, but I still believe that Varley is our guy long-term. Those seasons when he dominated weren't just lucky breaks.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
asking for Fantasy Hockey reasons , when will Varly be back and will he be splitting starts with Berra when he returns ?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
asking for Fantasy Hockey reasons , when will Varly be back and will he be splitting starts with Berra when he returns ?

If Berra keeps playing like this he'll be fighting for starts, but if Berra falters, he'll be right back in I'm sure. I would say it's Berra's job to lose right now. Roy isn't going to yank him when he's playing so well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going on the IR means that Varlamov cannot be taken off for at least a week correct?

So putting on my tin foil hat, did Avs put Varlamov on it because....

1) He actually had a groin explosion, which is quite worrying since what happened to him in Washington?!

2) Or Berra has been playing too good, while Varlamov has been crap and since Berra is probably going to get majority of the games, they gave Varlamov extra rest?!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Going on the IR means that Varlamov cannot be taken off for at least a week correct?

1) He actually had a groin explosion, which is quite worrying since what happened to him in Washington?!

2) Or Berra has been playing too good, while Varlamov has been crap and since Berra is probably going to get majority of the games, they gave Varlamov extra rest?!
The move is retroactive to Nov 10 so he can come off in a few days. It's for roster purposes.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

1) He actually had a groin explosion, which is quite worrying since what happened to him in Washington.

2) Or Berra has been playing too good, while Varlamov has been crap and since Berra is probably going to get majority of the games, they gave Varlamov extra rest.

It's retroactive to the 10th so he can come off in two days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad