Value of: Picks/prospects for Beauvillier

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

God bless him for taking that swing, I know I would if I thought I had a chance

That whole thing was pretty funny. According to reports, the first thing Trotz said to Beauvillier when he saw him after the X-Mas Break was, "so, did she respond?" :laugh:

The twitter comments were awesome. Beauvillier had almost the entire hockey twitterverse being his wingman.

Reactions: Barnaby

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
What are you talking about? I think Trouba is overpaid by 3 million dollars and you think that is a bad take? I make a statement saying how Isles should bridge Barzal and you go off about it Lmao are you delusional....
No, I am not delusional. Like other Isles(and I guess Devils) fans, we do not care what Ranger fans think we should do. We trust our ownership and management, and all I was doing was trying to redirect your valuable advice to a more welcoming audience. Again, thanks for stopping by.

LafKak

Nov 14, 2020
No, I am not delusional. Like other Isles(and I guess Devils) fans, we do not care what Ranger fans think we should do. We trust our ownership and management, and all I was doing was trying to redirect your valuable advice to a more welcoming audience. Again, thanks for stopping by.
I think you are obsessed bro I’ll be watching Isles and Tampa offseason with great attention considering RFA of Barzal,AC,Serg. Both teams are SC contenders next year but need to move money to retain the pieces that will help make it happen. I don’t see Isles moving AB but something has to give getting Barzal under contract.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think you are obsessed bro I’ll be watching Isles and Tampa offseason with great attention considering RFA of Barzal,AC,Serg. Both teams are SC contenders next year but need to move money to retain the pieces that will help make it happen. I don’t see Isles moving AB but something has to give getting Barzal under contract.
You joined on Saturday?
I'm outta here.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So your short term "help" to give Beauvillier a raise, notwithstanding Pelech's coming due at the same time, is to buy out and/or move some of those contracts you mentioned? You think that does it, that it's clearly enough?

First you have to see how much Barzal gets now, then assess Pelech/Beau/Cizikas ahead of next offseason still in a flat cap world - somehow in all this, the only "casualties" would be Cizikas and maybe a guy like Hickey. Good luck with the math. Wish I could .gif panicking Kermit with a "Team-friendly deals for everyooooooone!!!!" caption.

So many teams are in this position every season, and very few end up losing quality assets to get out of it. You aren't going to scare us into a bad deal, lol. Stop trying. The only panicking Kermit .gif we need is one directed at you as your chances of getting Beauvillier are at .000001%

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's crazy to think Anthony Beauvillier was right there with the Montreal pick at 26th spot in 2015 and they go and draft Noah Juulsen. It's got to be some kind of Denis Savard curse where Montreal always narrowly misses out on their French Canadian guy only to spend the next X years plotting and scheming to get him.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
No the isles do not want picks and prospects for a 23 year old top six winger that is only improving. The isles are in win now mode and Beauvillier goes nowhere.
Win now mode? Win what exactly? The pandemic helped them build momentum and have a good playoff showing but they're far from a legit cup contender.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Of the welcoming committee in Montreal? There's no need to throw out an obvious troll offer just because you don't think a player will be moved.

If a team had space to add Beauvillier without moving salary back they might as well just sign Hoffman and keep their picks.
You think saying Beauvillier is worth more than Suzuki is a troll job? It's not.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
To be fair no one can predict that a player is going to retire from an injury that appeared healed. If Toews was sold off, this was not out of the realm of possibility.

I disagree. 26/27 yr old Toews demanded more then the isles felt they could pay their 2nd pairing LHD. He signed for $4.1m per. 22yr old Beau makes $2.6m in the top 6.
After the Pulock signing and Toews trade the isles had about $3.9m in cap space. I expected they would send Hickey and Ladd back to the ahl, freeing up another $2m.

I was looking at attaching picks/prospects to $3m-$3.5m short term caphits like Uncle Leo/Clutter buck. Maybe even losing Bailey who is coming off a strong postseason and who is hardly overpaid at $5m per,which is one of HF armchair GMs hot takes.

With Barzal reportedly willing to take a short term,team friendly deal, few if any NYI fans expected 22 yr old Beau and his low $2m + contract to be dumped.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
It's crazy to think Anthony Beauvillier was right there with the Montreal pick at 26th spot in 2015 and they go and draft Noah Juulsen. It's got to be some kind of Denis Savard curse where Montreal always narrowly misses out on their French Canadian guy only to spend the next X years plotting and scheming to get him.

Sooooo true, but Timmins is the second coming of Christ and his list (with the local boys always listed further away) is soooo flawless that they have to follow it like it's the gospel.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
You think saying Beauvillier is worth more than Suzuki is a troll job? It's not.

Yes it is.

Suzuki is a (right handed) center, younger and he made more points in his rookie season than Beau has ever made.

Suzuki has more potential than Beauvillier, he just scratched the surface of his capacity last year.

Reactions: MNRube

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
A helluva lot more than you’d be willing to offer

honestly, trading Beau for picks and prospects is the last thing the Islanders should be looking to do. They want to compete in the immediate/near term
What would the Habs need to add to Nick Suzuki? Would be a solid 2c behind Barzel.

Edit-sorry you were implying the habs fans would not offer an appealing deal in terms of draft picks.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
27 goals in 80 games last season. Why would the islanders trade a young winger who is getting better every season?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yes it is.

Suzuki is a (right handed) center, younger and he made more points in his rookie season than Beau has ever made.

Suzuki has more potential than Beauvillier, he just scratched the surface of his capacity last year.

And that's not even considering he added Romanov as a throw in.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
I don’t think I would say the Isles have GREAT LW depth, and Tito is part of the young core - they’ll find a way to extend him at a reasonable AAV, and I see little to no chance Lou would consider trading him.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
So you are one of those. Okay.

Cap eases "after" 2021-22? Easy peezy until then? Lou is alright losing Cizikas?

Time will tell I suppose.

Losing Cizikas who’s 30 and plays a game that beats up his body, coming off a pretty serious eye injury himself? Yes I believe Lou is ok losing him. Barzal, Nelson and JGP are locked in as the top 3 centers. Cizikas will most likely get better offers next season as a UFA - money and to play C3 - than the Isles can afford to pay him as a 4th line center. The Martin-Zeeker-Clutter line will be gone in 2 yrs max, I would bet.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
What would the Habs need to add to Nick Suzuki? Would be a solid 2c behind Barzel.

Edit-sorry you were implying the habs fans would not offer an appealing deal in terms of draft picks.

Isles already have a 2c. And a 3c that could be 2c. Both locked up for another 5 years or so. Trading their arguably best LW for a center, as good as Suzuki is, doesn’t make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad