Prospect Info: Picks left for the 2nd day.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
But but, we have also Albert Johansson, Tuomisto, Anton Johansson, Viro, Sebrango, Buium...
Bertucci is the only one I'd be ok with. Like his upside, some of our d guys will have to be used as trade bait in a package for some skilledforwardss with upside

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
#41 Jayden Perron - USHL pick
#42 Felix Nilsson - Hakan pick
#43 Carson Rehkopf - Draper pick
#73 Cole Knuble - mandatory nepotism pick
#117 Damian Clara - goalie reach
#137 "overager"
#169 Kristian Kostadinski - mandatory 6'5'' D
#201 "high school kid"
Realgud simulator helped fill the "blanks"

#137 Zaccharya Wisdom - the overager
- Few players show more desire to make contact than Wis- dom. He throws crushing hits across the ice and uses subtle bumps to knock opponents off balance. It always serves a purpose: he hits along the boards to force dump-ins, throws reverse hits to create space, and establishes body positioning to keep his stick free. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide

#201 Jackson Nevers - the high school kid
- ?

Reactions: Realgud

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Arrrrrre you aware if day 2 is "streaming" anywhere? (in my best pirate voice.....). I thought NHL.com did it in the past but open to other "suggestions"
I heard it was on ESPN+ but not sure what other seafaring options there may be, matey.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yzerman admitted were still in the rebuild going for debrincat would be nonsensical.
And he's the one in charge, so he can do what he thinks is right. But assuming it's not just GM speak and he really does want to just keep drafting another few years, I'm free to think he's wrong and to not want to bother watching the team until it's a better on-ice product.

At a minimum, the current roster is below the salary floor. So they are literally forced to do SOMETHING else this summer. But if that something turns into a cap dump instead of a talented player who can actually help them now, then at that point I think he (and/or ownership) are doing a bad job and a disservice to the fans.

It's not binary. Detroit could trade for a quality forward and still keep drafting without emptying the cupboard or immediately going all in to win now. But if they end up doing absolutely nothing constructive with all that cap space, that's the other extreme, and an unnecessary tightwad move.

Reactions: DTR

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
And he's the one in charge, so he can do what he thinks is right. But assuming it's not just GM speak and he really does want to just keep drafting another few years, I'm free to think he's wrong and to not want to bother watching the team until it's a better on-ice product.

At a minimum, the current roster is below the salary floor. So they are literally forced to do SOMETHING else this summer. But if that something turns into a cap dump instead of a talented player who can actually help them now, then at that point I think he (and/or ownership) are doing a bad job and a disservice to the fans.

It's not binary. Detroit could trade for a quality forward and still keep drafting without emptying the cupboard or immediately going all in to win now. But if they end up doing absolutely nothing constructive with all that cap space, that's the other extreme, and an unnecessary tightwad move.

To add to this, so many teams are up against the cap that prices are low. Detroit has the cap space and draft capital to add pieces to its core. It’s a perfect storm and it would be a huge missed opportunity if we don’t take advantage.

Reactions: jkutswings

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Steve is back to being a genius again after drafting Gibson and Cleveland.

flychairman

May 23, 2023
Based on actual draft availability:
41. Reykopf forward 42. Kalan Lind LW, 47. Oscar Fisker Molgaard C, 73. Hunter Brzustewicz RD, Alex Ciernik RW, Yevgeni Volokhin G, Matthew Mania RD, Matteo Mann RD, 201. Connor Levis RW

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, unless Yzerman absolutely pulls something out of his ass on July 1 I'll be going back to my 2016-2019 boycott of the team. Won't spend a single dollar on merchandise or a minute on watching.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

We will not win anything until our kids take huge steps I dont know why p dont understand this

Kasper,soderom and edvinsson have 0 nhl seasons under them. Berggren has 1. Kubalik,perron & fabbri wont be here much longer,likely zadina

Have you seen how good the eastern conference? If anyone actually thinks we have a legit shot at the playoffs send me some of those drugs cause they must be good

Gotta keep the kids progressing and rebuild,moves for younger guys. I'd be all over duchene x1 right now. He had a good season you can flip him to a contender for a 1st you'll have 3 next draft and I'm sure easier for yzerman to make a big move

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We will not win anything until our kids take huge steps I dont know why p dont understand this

Kasper,soderom and edvinsson have 0 nhl seasons under them. Berggren has 1. Kubalik,perron & fabbri wont be here much longer,likely zadina

Have you seen how good the eastern conference? If anyone actually thinks we have a legit shot at the playoffs send me some of those drugs cause they must be good

Gotta keep the kids progressing and rebuild,moves for younger guys. I'd be all over duchene x1 right now. He had a good season you can flip him to a contender for a 1st you'll have 3 next draft and I'm sure easier for yzerman to make a big move
Then wait five more years for kids to develop, and then Larkin really is a 2C playing 1C, and we still have a massive hole to fill.

NOBODY does it EXCLUSIVELY through the draft because it takes too long before you have to start over.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Then wait five more years for kids to develop, and then Larkin really is a 2C playing 1C, and we still have a massive hole to fill.

NOBODY does it EXCLUSIVELY through the draft because it takes too long before you have to start over.
I'm sure you'll love this one... hes already a 2c

Sure be nice to not wait until the kids develop but elite players aren't reaching free agency and teams aren't moving them (debrincat isnt one)

I'm not an idiot if we can land draisaitl lets say ,i'd do it . Wont happen

Let's not be dumb and give up 8 yr deals cause were desperate

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
elite players aren't reaching free agency and teams aren't moving them (debrincat isnt one)

Elite players like Jack Eichel, Patrik Laine, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Matt Tkachuk, Mikhail Sergachev, Tage Thompson, Noah Hanifin, Timo Meier, Ivan Provorov, Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennet, Kevian Fiala, Seth Jones, Bo Horvat, Hampus Lindholm, Jacob Trouba, Teuvo Teräväinen, Jonathan Huberdeau, Mika Zibanejad, Dougie Hamilton, Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, Nazem Kadri, Ryan O'Reilly or Erik Karlsson are never traded.

And elite players like John Tavares, Alex PIetrangelo are never reaching free agency and changing teams.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Elite players like Jack Eichel, Patrik Laine, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Matt Tkachuk, Mikhail Sergachev, Tage Thompson, Noah Hanifin, Timo Meier, Ivan Provorov, Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennet, Kevian Fiala, Seth Jones, Bo Horvat, Hampus Lindholm, Jacob Trouba, Teuvo Teräväinen, Jonathan Huberdeau, Mika Zibanejad, Dougie Hamilton, Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, Nazem Kadri, Ryan O'Reilly or Erik Karlsson are never traded.

And elite players like John Tavares, Alex PIetrangelo are never reaching free agency and changing teams.
2 guys reached free agency lmao and tavares signing was a mistake

As for the guys you mentioned Thompson zibanejad reinhart Bennett were no where near as good as the day they were dealt which is what I been saying for a long time is something we should do. Target younger guys you believe in and hope they explode with us

Alot of guys you mentioned were also about to test free agency and dealt at the deadline and extended,which were in no position to do. Tkachuk is the only one who would have been worth the move and we lacked assets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad