Salary Cap: Picking on Boston

officialmark*

Probably not a great idea to give away our 2015 pick. Leafs are a Kessel injury away from being a lottery pick.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Probably not a great idea to give away our 2015 pick. Leafs are a Kessel injury away from being a lottery pick.

Kessel, Phaneuf, or Bernier injury away from the top 5 in the draft. Even if they are all perfectly healthy, we could end up top 10 if the kids struggle this year.

Or, on the other hand, we could be back in the playoffs.

This team prides itself on unpredictability.

And please, please not Marchand. I hate Marchand.

Rielly Smith would be great. Krejci would be greater.

Both are unrealistic, though. Marchand is probably the most likely to move, and due to it being Marchand, I bet he goes out of division. Hopefully.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Reilly Smith offer sheet 1 year at like 1.6 mill only costs a 3rd round pick and I am really not sure if Boston could match that.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
It occurred to me that the Bruins are fairly capped out as it stands and are going to have a difficult time adding pieces to their roster without moving a substantial player off the books.

boston has a ton. with savard on LTIR they can spend to the cap and also get LTIR cap exemption.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I don't see the point in messing around with offer sheets. You'd give Boston in this example a week to match a matchable contract while they trade with a team we'll be fighting for the playoffs with to dump their salary in order to match.

If we win it we're getting a player that's not an immediate difference maker yet we have to overpay him to get him and potentially give up a 1st that could be top 10.

Not enough upside when there's so many cheap UFA's.

Ace88*

If we offer sheeted or traded for Brad Marchand i would punch myself in the face until i looked as much like a little ****** rat as he does. Decent hockey player, don't want his punk ass anywhere near the Leafs though. Absolutely not. I also don't want to trade with Boston ever again. Been there, done that, terrible idea no thanks.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Reilly Smith offer sheet 1 year at like 1.6 mill only costs a 3rd round pick and I am really not sure if Boston could match that.

They probably could but why would the Player sign that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad