• Barron

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Savard

Votes: 121 89.6%

• Total voters

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Personally i don't see much in Lindstrom and Barron hasn't impressed me for a while, not sure about Mailloux vs Norlinder tho. I kinda feel like Barron should get traded if they don't think he can crack the roster, not sure if sending him down to the AHL is gonna do much for him (or his trade value).

I think I'd start with Guhle/Kovacevic/Harris/Matheson/Xhekaj/Savard (Norlinder as 7th), wouldn't be surprised if we go with 7 D tho.

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Guhle - Matheson
Norlinder - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Savard
Harris/Lindstrom

I would try to use Harris or Barron as a trqde bait to ditch a veteran contract like Armia.

They are both getting passed by the depth at their respective position.

Barron is behind Kovacevic and its a matter of time before he ends up behind Reinbacher and Mailloux.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Guhle - Matheson
Norlinder - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Savard
Harris/Lindstrom

I would try to use Harris or Barron as a trqde bait to ditch a veteran contract like Armia.

They are both getting passed by the depth at their respective position.

Barron is behind Kovacevic and its a matter of time before he ends up behind Reinbacher and Mailloux.

That's my defense aswell.

Reactions: Jaynki

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To me, the only locks are:

Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Kovacevic

I think the Habs carry 8 dmen this year as its unclear which of Xhekaj, Norlinder, Barron and Harris have locked up the last 2 spots. I think Xhekaj gets a spot out of need for a physical player.

Good bet that Barron starts in Laval and the Habs keep Norlinder, Xhekaj and Harris with the big team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Harris hate here is insane to me but I think it just reinforces how many people just don't get the finer details of hockey.

For me, I think Norlinder earned to stay up and play.

Barron should be sent down and continue to develop. He definitely seems a prime candidate to be a big piece in a trade for something we lack. I still think Barron has a lot of upside it's just clear with Mailloux and Reinbacher coming, and Engstrom, Hutson, and Norlinders resurgence that there's only one chair on the right side and there's no real spots for him offensively going forward.

Savard will be traded at the deadline which means he stays around to mentor until then.

I'd do

Matheson-Guhle
Norlinder-Savard
Xhekaj-Harris
Kovacevic

And rotate Kova Norlinder Harris Xhekaj.

Lindstrom sucks.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
To me, the only locks are:

Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Kovacevic

I think the Habs carry 8 dmen this year as its unclear which of Xhekaj, Norlinder, Barron and Harris have locked up the last 2 spots. I think Xhekaj gets a spot out of need for a physical player.

Good bet that Barron starts in Laval and the Habs keep Norlinder, Xhekaj and Harris with the big team.
I have Savard out of the top 6. He’s probably better on the third pairing than some others, but at his age do you want him there?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The Harris hate here is insane to me but I think it just reinforces how many people just don't get the finer details of hockey.

For me, I think Norlinder earned to stay up and play.

Barron should be sent down and continue to develop. He definitely seems a prime candidate to be a big piece in a trade for something we lack. I still think Barron has a lot of upside it's just clear with Mailloux and Reinbacher coming, and Engstrom, Hutson, and Norlinders resurgence that there's only one chair on the right side and there's no real spots for him offensively going forward.

Savard will be traded at the deadline which means he stays around to mentor until then.

I'd do

Matheson-Guhle
Norlinder-Savard
Xhekaj-Harris
Kovacevic

And rotate Kova Norlinder Harris Xhekaj.

Lindstrom sucks.
I agree mostly with this lineup. I think Xhekaj is coming back down to earth, I think Harris is one of our 4 best dmen, so I don’t get that hate at all.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Hey Mr. Keyboard Warrior, what did Jordan Harris do to pi** you off?
Wait, keyboard warrior? I don't think you know what that term means. Maybe you don't like the usage of the word "f***". Maybe I also should have just said: in my ideal lineup, Harris isn't in the top 6. I don't like his playstyle and I think he's a soft, nonchalant d-man. I didn't mean to sound crude. My apologies if it you think my comment was too harsh, but my intentions weren't to sound tough over the internet.

He's also quite prone to making mistakes for someone who's touted as a smart and defensive-minded presence. Lastly, he's tentative with the puck when rushing up the ice, and refuses to use his speed to gain an advantage to beat opposing forecheckers. His rushes lead nowhere most of the time. It seems odd to me that people view Xhekaj as a career bottom-pairing defenseman, yet he shows a lot more potential than Harris does.

I know Norlinder is also soft, but at least he brings some offense and great PP quarterbacking. With Harris, I don't see anything that warrants a spot on this lineup. It may sound exaggerated to most around here, but I do not like his playstyle one bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think 5 names are obvious:
Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Xhekaj
Kovasevic

The question is who will be the 6th dman. Harris I think had it, but he kind of fell apart that one shift yesterday and I wonder if they will give Norlinder a chance since his skill set is what is most needed.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Xhekaj
Kovasevic

The question is who will be the 6th dman. Harris I think had it, but he kind of fell apart that one shift yesterday and I wonder if they will give Norlinder a chance since his skill set is what is most needed.
I think the 6th will be Harris and I don't have any doubts about that. Norlinder had a great camp but it's not a bad thing to let him start in the A until injuries happen. He doesn't have to go through waivers either so it's a logical choice.
Lindstrom will get sent down and Barron will be kept around as the 7th.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Xhekaj
Kovasevic

I have it as 4 regulars with (Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Kovasevic) and interchanging Harris, Xhekaj and Norlinder depending on who we're playing. Barron down to Laval and Lindstrom sent down as well even though he has to pass through waivers.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I have it as 4 regulars with (Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Kovasevic) and interchanging Harris, Xhekaj and Norlinder depending on who we're playing. Barron down to Laval and Lindstrom sent down as well even though he has to pass through waivers.
Think Xhekaj is a lock. He looks in tremendous shape and moving around incredibly well for a big man. If he continues playing smart defensively and weaponizing his shot he’s gonna be a really valuable player.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I'm a Barron fan but he needs some time in the AHL. I still think he will be very good for us in the near future but he's had a average pre-season.

Reactions: rahad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad