Pick Your Poison -- Boston or Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
both teams have amazing goalies. the 1 area we've had the substantial advantage in the previous 2 rounds.

not good.

i think we can beat em both though.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I don't care. I think something special is happening and I fear no team.

This.

Before the playoffs started I would have said I prefer NOT to play Boston, but really the road to Stanley goes through benatown if you are in the Eastern Conference.

Now? not so sure

a) broons are beatable

b) Chara has lost a step or 2 and a big fast forward like Kreider might give him the nightmares for a change

3) Habs look dangerous and on a mission. I fear the ghosts. They are like The Yankees

Finally, it's not going to be easy either way so...

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
I chose Boston but I am beginning to re-think that.

I am still terrified of the Bell Centre.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Montreal by a mile. At least you know to put your top dmen against the MaxPac-Vanek line. Boston has several lines that can really kick your ass.

Cake or Death

Either team is fine. It's not gonna be easy no matter who you play going forward, but we do have a very good hockey team. Looking forward to it whoever we play and just grateful to the team for battling their way into the conference final.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Thinking about styles, I think Montreal has similar type players (except for maybe a couple of bigger guys like Boyle, Nash and Kreider) and plays a similar style to the Rangers. Boston on the other hand plays a hard game, breakout as five and clog the neutral zone.

With that said I think Montreal would have a tougher time adjusting to the Rangers style of play rather than Boston because the Rangers would be similar to facing the Canadiens. How long that adjustment period would take for the Habs is the question. They faced a more offensive team in Tampa in the first round, but I kinda feel like they had an easy one there with the goalie they were facing.

I don't think Boston has played that well in the last couple of games ive seen. But things can change quickly, as we just witnessed with the Rangers. Whoever it is, it'll be a challenge but both teams are beatable in my opinion. As are the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad