Pick your all world team

member 300185

Older players like Howe or Richard are considered in their prime if you pick them. You can play centres on wings and vice versa if you like.

1st line: Gordie Howe-Gretzky-Lemieux
Orr-Coffee

2nd line: Lafontaine-Richard-Bure
Bourque-Chara

3rd Line: Bobby Hull-Henry Richard-Brett Hull
Pronger-Tim Horton

4th Line: F Mahalvalic-Ovi-Lafleur
Big Bird (Larry Robinson)-Niedermayer

Goalies-Sawchuk
Brodeur
Roy

Spares-Messier, Scot Stevens.

That is an undefeatable team. Will beat the living hell out of you on the boards, intimidate, out skate and out skill anyone.

Lets see your team.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Brett Hull - Gretzky - Howe
M. Richard - Lemieux - Bobby Hull
Bossy - Béliveau - Lafleur
Ovechkin - Crosby- Jagr
Messier

Orr - Potvin
Harvey - Park
Lidstrom - Chara
Niedermayer

Roy
Hasek
Dryden

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Well when are they playing? Are they hypothetically playing in the NHL in 2019 or 1989? A physically intimidating team doesn't mean much in 2019 if they could get skated around. There used to be guys with great straight line speed and good shots but I dont know if anyone had the hands, dexterity, agility, and lateral movement that players today have.

I think a lot of the skilled guys with some size today could outperform the elite players of the past. Sid, Ovi, McDavid, Benn, Marchand, etc. Could embrass the elite players of yesteryear. The skill level today is so far and beyond what it was before.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Well when are they playing? Are they hypothetically playing in the NHL in 2019 or 1989? A physically intimidating team doesn't mean much in 2019 if they could get skated around. There used to be guys with great straight line speed and good shots but I dont know if anyone had the hands, dexterity, agility, and lateral movement that players today have.

I think a lot of the skilled guys with some size today could outperform the elite players of the past. Sid, Ovi, McDavid, Benn, Marchand, etc. Could embrass the elite players of yesteryear. The skill level today is so far and beyond what it was before.

The new equipment and just overall evolution of the game helps a ton but still you're not wrong. Be careful with Lemieux though.

Reactions: Taytro

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
Greening - Smith - Neil
Borowiecki - Ceci
Hamburglar

We're a team.

OR

Malone - Kuznetsov - Richards
Redden - Karalahti
Fuhr

Team snow!

Last edited:

member 311261

I'll take any random combination top 100 NHL'ers against anyone else's team as long as I get Hasak in net.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Ovechkin-McDavid-Draisaitl
Shanahan-Yzerman-Jagr
Hull-Sakic-Iginla
Messier-Datsyuk-Sundin

Lidstrom-Chelios
Pronger-Bourque
Stevens-Weber

Hasek
Lundqvist