Pick up Ice Hockey in Ottawa

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Howdy folks. Anyone know of any arenas that have drop in pick up hockey games? In North Carolina I had better luck of finding places to play hockey than in Ottawa!

Downtown preferably.

Thanks!

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Jim Durrell has noon puck on Mondays, and morning puck Tuesdays and Fridays I believe. In any event, check ottawa.ca, it has a list of drop in ice times.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Try www.ottawarechockey.com although the website seems to be down. They organize all sorts of informal pick-up games at various rinks and you can be on a mailing list for any openings you can sign up for. If the websites's not working, email the guy that runs it - [email protected]

Yes, this one is quite good, with different skill levels! :yo:

Also check www.kijiji.ca/ottawa or www.usedottawa.com for Hockey spares.

Example: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-activities-g...al/1004695763?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-activities-g...ded/599142481?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Great thanks folks! Now time to figure out how to bike with my hockey bag, or walk it like a champ. :laugh:

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Try www.ottawarechockey.com although the website seems to be down. They organize all sorts of informal pick-up games at various rinks and you can be on a mailing list for any openings you can sign up for. If the websites's not working, email the guy that runs it - [email protected]

Just a small warning about contacting Rob. He's a good guy, but he tends to exaggerate the skill level of many of his games. I used to run one of them on Saturday nights, and we had a pretty good group with skill levels ranging from current Junior B players to pluggers. It was marketed as a very high skill game, which, to some extent, it was, but we ended up disappointing quite a few players because of Rob's enthusiastic recommendation of the game.

I would contact the game managers directly as opposed to talking to Rob, they'll have a better idea of the overall skill of a particular game. Other than that, it's a little scattershot, but the people involved are good folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad