OT: Pick-up Hockey

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I was hoping to play sometime this week, but I just noticed that Canlan's drop in programs have been cancelled for the rest of the month... maybe even longer.

Are there any other rinks in the city offering pick-up games? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was hoping to play sometime this week, but I just noticed that Canlan's drop in programs have been cancelled for the rest of the month... maybe even longer.

Are there any other rinks in the city offering pick-up games? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Canland is going through a major renovation to two of their rinks this summer.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Canland is going through a major renovation to two of their rinks this summer.

me and a handful of buddies went to the Canlan one about a week and a half ago, there was about a dozen people including us. Next time we go if I remember, I'll post here so more people can come out to get us a pickup game going.

fitzy0019

Oct 12, 2011
winnipeg
max bell centre(U of M) has open ice almost daily other than the month of july(annual venue maintenance) open ice sessions usually get good pick up games going. the only other drop-in ice i know of is Canlan but rinks 2 and 3 are about to undergo a 3mil reno

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Yeah, so it looks like Canlan won't be available again until September at the earliest. I really need to find another place to skate.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Well, my spring hockey has just wrapped up, and I usually fill the summer with Canlan, but since that is a no go, maybe we should set up an ice time? If it goes well it could become a regular thing. I don't think I could just do Wally's once a week and stay in shape.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Well, my spring hockey has just wrapped up, and I usually fill the summer with Canlan, but since that is a no go, maybe we should set up an ice time? If it goes well it could become a regular thing. I don't think I could just do Wally's once a week and stay in shape.

I'd be up for that given I can get out to wherever the ice is. Girlfriend mostly works days now so it'd be easier to wrestle the car away every once in a while. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: