HF Habs: Pick our next Captain POLL

Pick our next Captain poll

• Total voters

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Who do YOU think should be Captain?

My pick is Edmunson for the remainder of his contract or possibly beyond if we resign him.

He can keep the seat warm for Suzuki. I don’t believe it’s the right time yet. Unnecessary pressure during a tank/rebuild.

Reactions: nyhabsfan and Treal

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
If you had asked me a year ago. I probably would have agreed. But after seeing how much Suzuki has matured. With Weber and now Price (?) gone. I believe this is now Suzuki's team. With players like Eddy and Gally around. He'll have plenty of support.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I think it'll be Suzuki, but I'd rather they name Edmunson as a sort of interim leader. Everyone knows Suzuki will become the captain eventually... even Eddy. Even if we extend him, It think he'd be fine giving Suzi the C when this team is ready to compete.

This team is going to suck this year, no ways around it. I don't want Suzi putting too much pressure on himself

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
If you had asked me a year ago. I probably would have agreed. But after seeing how much Suzuki has matured. With Weber and now Price (?) gone. I believe this is now Suzuki's team. With players like Eddy and Gally around. He'll have plenty of support.
Are you concerned about the Montreal media hounding him after the many loses ahead during this rough patch of rebuilding? It’s the only thing that really concerns me.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Poor Gallagher though, he sticked for the team when Subban was a "Cancer in the Locker room" then is not even named captain after they trade Pacioretty because Weber is there and now that Weber is gone he still wont be considered.

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Are you concerned about the Montreal media hounding him after the many loses ahead during this rough patch of rebuilding? It’s the only thing that really concerns me.
I'll admit that does concern me. We both know how crazy they can be. I've just seen the way he is on the ice. Plus I've talked to a few people who actually know him. Everyone says his maturity is beyond his years. The bonus is having a veteran player (Savard) who can deal with the French portion of the media.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Poor Gallagher though, he sticked for the team when Subban was a "Cancer in the Locker room" then is not even named captain after they trade Pacioretty because Weber is there and now that Weber is gone he still wont be considered.
Who cares.

This is an easy vote for Suzuki for me. The kid is ready to be our next captain.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I love Gally, and for years it seemed that the C was eventually going to be his. The times have changed though, and the team is heading in a different direction. He can still be a valuable leader for the team.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
The captain.......jeez that I Am so Tired...of this question everywhere in Montréal.

Nobody..i mean nobody even the medias on the beat knows exactly what is happening in the locker room.

I cant believe how.many hours are spent
on the sports radios about the captain.....

I did not played in the NhL..even in the juniors...

My last year in Midget BB..the coaches chose the captain on our team......:

They chose...The best player on the team and a tough Guy... All the coaches and the.parents were all agree with the choice.

At the start of the season we played for about 550...

That guy scored an average of 3 goals per game and he was by far the best player in the league.

By the end of the season..we were awful..we played for about... 350...

The captain spent his entire season laughing at us in the locker room and even on the bench. He told us for example..: You have no hands, you are so bad on the ice etc..

I was skating on the right wing close to the.bench and I heard him laughing at.me because I was not good enough for him.. He did it with entire team.

no parents knew that .

He killed the team..nobody wanted to play at the end of the season.

I remember, one shift on the ice , at our own blue line I took the puck and started skating across the ice on purpose to not hear him on the bench.

Today.I would confront him but at the time..at 16 years old I was scared of him

On the second half of the season...This clown still scored 3 games per game but we were losing 7-5.

Ok you will say..it was in the Midget etc..and I know that but the thing is that even in the NHL nobody knows for sure who is a real leader or not except..the players.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Edmunson for this year and the next then Suzuki. A bad Habs team and the first year of a large contract seems like a recipe for disaster for Suzuki as captain. And it's not like Edmunson is a terrible pick, he's already looked at as a leader and a presence in the locker room; Let him groom Suzuki for the next two years.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
What a sad list, I willl go ahead and pick Suzuki but I believe we should wait a few seasons.
Nothing to be sad about. Suzuki is a heck of a player and has Captain written all over him. But I agree that we should wait a few seasons, at least 2 more seasons, we have the perfect scapegoat in Edmunson.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Nick Suzuki as the next captain… Joel Edmundson is only 29 years old, and can still be sign until 4/5 years. Suzuki is a mature guy and I thinks he deserves it.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think it'll be Suzuki, but I'd rather they name Edmunson as a sort of interim leader. Everyone knows Suzuki will become the captain eventually... even Eddy. Even if we extend him, It think he'd be fine giving Suzi the C when this team is ready to compete.

This team is going to suck this year, no ways around it. I don't want Suzi putting too much pressure on himself
Exactly my thoughts plus Eddy is well respected around the league and in the locker room.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
The captain.......jeez that I Am so Tired...of this question everywhere in Montréal.

Nobody..i mean nobody even the medias on the beat knows exactly what is happening in the locker room.

I cant believe how.many hours are spent
on the sports radios about the captain.....

I did not played in the NhL..even in the juniors...

My last year in Midget BB..the coaches chose the captain on our team......:

They chose...The best player on the team and a tough Guy... All the coaches and the.parents were all agree with the choice.

At the start of the season we played for about 550...

That guy scored an average of 3 goals per game and he was by far the best player in the league.

By the end of the season..we were awful..we played for about... 350...

The captain spent his entire season laughing at us in the locker room and even on the bench. He told us for example..: You have no hands, you are so bad on the ice etc..

I was skating on the right wing close to the.bench and I heard him laughing at.me because I was not good enough for him.. He did it with entire team.

no parents knew that .

He killed the team..nobody wanted to play at the end of the season.

I remember, one shift on the ice , at our own blue line I took the puck and started skating across the ice on purpose to not hear him on the bench.

Today.I would confront him but at the time..at 16 years old I was scared of him

On the second half of the season...This clown still scored 3 games per game but we were losing 7-5.

Ok you will say..it was in the Midget etc..and I know that but the thing is that even in the NHL nobody knows for sure who is a real leader or not except..the players.
Cool story bro lol. But seriously we need a Captain who’s your pick?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Who do YOU think should be Captain?

My pick is Edmunson for the remainder of his contract or possibly beyond if we resign him.

He can keep the seat warm for Suzuki. I don’t believe it’s the right time yet. Unnecessary pressure during a tank/rebuild.

also went Edmundson. no need to risk rushing Suzuki.

Having said that, Suzuki should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad