Pick a prospect pack (PHI vs MTL)

Pick a prospect pack to start a franchise.

• Flyers pack

• Habs pack

Results are only viewable after voting.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
You are the GM of a new expansion team and you need to pick one prospect pack to start your franchise.

FLYERS PACK :

· Morgan Frost (F)
· Joel Farabee (F)
· Noah Cates (F)
· Jay O’Brien (F)
· Adam Ginning (D)
· Jack St-Ivany (D)
· Samuel Ersson (G)

HABS PACK :

· Ryan Poehling (F)
· Nick Suzuki (F)
· Jesse Ylonen (F)
· Jacob Olofsson (F)
· Alexander Romanov (D)
· Josh Brook (D)
· Cayden Primeau (G)

So it comes down to...

Frost vs Poehling
Farabee vs Suzuki
Cates vs Ylonen
O'Brien vs Olofsson
Ginning vs Romanov
St-Ivany vs Brook
Ersson vs Primeau

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
If I'm being as unbiased as possible, I think:

Cates vs Ylonen and St-Ivany vs Brook are still clear wins for the Montreal prospects.

After that i think every pick comes down to preference as there's no clear winner:
- I would take Frost over Poehling for Frost's upside. But I can't fault someone for wanting Poehling as a safe bet to be a middle 6 C with size.
- Farabee vs Suzuki is extremely close for me. Farabee was in my top 10 for 2018 and I love his game, but Suzuki is just killing the OHL. That can really go either way.
- O'Brien was another favourite of mine last draft but his game hasn't seemed to develop well since then. Neither he or Olofsson is having that great of a season, specifically in the WJC. Olofsson will probably see time in the NHL in a De La Rose like capacity (who i like in the bottom 6) but O'Brien has more upside if he doesn't bust.
- Ginning and Romanov were both late 2nd round prospects at best for me in the draft but both are doing more than I expected. Ginning is a stay at home D while Romanov has really shown his offensive game. I think Romanov has taken that extra step but if you prefer a stay at home D, then Ginning is your guy.
- Both goalies are doing well and goalies are a crap shoot so i won't judge that.

Based on all that, I would keep Montreal's group.

Reactions: wetcoast

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Went with Montreal but I think Philly will do a better job developing their prospects compared to Montreal.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Took the Habs as a couple of key flyers players have played games in the NHL this year in Hart and
Rubstsov is still a prospect to.

Patrick is in the NHL at age 19 and is still really a prospect as well.

Better question would be players under 23 and the Flyers have an excellent group going forward.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Took the Habs as a couple of key flyers players have played games in the NHL this year in Hart and
Rubstsov is still a prospect to.

Patrick is in the NHL at age 19 and is still really a prospect as well.

Better question would be players under 23 and the Flyers have an excellent group going forward.

Why would it be a "better" question?

Pretty sure the poll doesn't include Kotkaniemi, Mete or Juulsen either.

It's the prospect groups that were at the WJC.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The forwards are a wash IMO
(I like Ylonen more than Cates and I like Obrien slightly over Olofsson, rest are as close as can be.)

But the Ds arent close at all to me.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Why aren’t Hart, Allison, Myers, Ratcliffe included? Those are 4 of Philadelphia’s best projects

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
If I'm being as unbiased as possible, I think:

Cates vs Ylonen and St-Ivany vs Brook are still clear wins for the Montreal prospects.

After that i think every pick comes down to preference as there's no clear winner:
- I would take Frost over Poehling for Frost's upside. But I can't fault someone for wanting Poehling as a safe bet to be a middle 6 C with size.
- Farabee vs Suzuki is extremely close for me. Farabee was in my top 10 for 2018 and I love his game, but Suzuki is just killing the OHL. That can really go either way.
- O'Brien was another favourite of mine last draft but his game hasn't seemed to develop well since then. Neither he or Olofsson is having that great of a season, specifically in the WJC. Olofsson will probably see time in the NHL in a De La Rose like capacity (who i like in the bottom 6) but O'Brien has more upside if he doesn't bust.
- Ginning and Romanov were both late 2nd round prospects at best for me in the draft but both are doing more than I expected. Ginning is a stay at home D while Romanov has really shown his offensive game. I think Romanov has taken that extra step but if you prefer a stay at home D, then Ginning is your guy.
- Both goalies are doing well and goalies are a crap shoot so i won't judge that.

Based on all that, I would keep Montreal's group.
Funny, in every comparison the clearest of winners is Frost over Poehling

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
1. Ryan Poehling (F)
2. Morgan Frost (F)
3. Nick Suzuki (F)
4. Joel Farabee (F)
5. Alexander Romanov (D)
6. Jesse Ylonen (F)
7. Jay O’Brien (F)
8. Josh Brook (D)
9. Samuel Ersson (G)
10. Cayden Primeau (G)
11. Jacob Olofsson (F)
12. Adam Ginning (D)
13. Jack St-Ivany (D)
14. Noah Cates (F)

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
1. Ryan Poehling (F)
2. Morgan Frost (F)

3. Nick Suzuki (F)
4. Joel Farabee (F)
5. Alexander Romanov (D)
6. Jesse Ylonen (F)
7. Jay O’Brien (F)
8. Josh Brook (D)
9. Samuel Ersson (G)
10. Cayden Primeau (G)
11. Jacob Olofsson (F)
12. Adam Ginning (D)
13. Jack St-Ivany (D)
14. Noah Cates (F)
Okayyyy

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Flyers have had a very overrated prospect pool for about 3 years now.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The Flyers have had a very overrated prospect pool for about 3 years now.
Then apparently the hockey people are not nearly as smart as you . This poll is also only players who were at world juniors this year not all their best prospects .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad