Pick 6: 3 bubble players to make team, 3 that not make team

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Was thinking this could be premature, but also could begin to project 2020-21 team, even though
there will be some additions (signing, trade after draft) and still others to not be at camp.

Since there are players like the #2 overall, Kaliyev, etc, that could get a 9 game stint and
sent back to junior, do not need to be on your bubble players to make the team, since
they can be sent back. Can mention that as separate call.

3 surprises to make team; 3 that not make it: does not have to be shock value, there probably
10 or so that are in this field of players. Choose to be all fringe or add a shocker.

Add a third category: Breakout year player. Last year, was Iafallo. Who this year?

3 that make it:

Anderson-Dolan
Grundstrom
Turcotte - a good chance he's Ontario bound, but going with he makes the team.

I think Vilardi is on the team, so not putting him on the list. I think both Mikey Anderson and Bjornfot make the tream as well. (unless a top 4 D FA is signed or acquired, only 1 makes it)

3 that do not make it:

Carter (surgery recovery, but I think never plays again, with outside chance of a few games. Turns 36 January 1)
Luff - regressed last year and not enough intensity to beat out an ever improving cast of young players.
Wagner - I think some others will just pass him. He brings speed and helps turn over pucks, but he's
average AHL ability otherwise. Subpar: hockey sense, creativity, passing, shooting. Maybe i'm wrong
and he's a 4th line fixture in what he does, is valuable enough.

Breakout / Impact year player:

Vilardi

I say no one, under the true defintion, but say Vilardi is that player. That he makes an impact
as an NHL regular and is center #2 on the Kings. A more pure defintion is someone that
excels to a higher level than their previous years (like Iafallo) and Vilardi does not have such a history.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Pretty much agree with that apart from Amadio instead of Carter. Unless injuries get in the way, Carter is an important vet influence and will play to nurture the Turcottes of this world through. Amadio is a place holding player and he’s about to be passed on the depth chart by a bunch of guys and that’s before we even draft at #2.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
3 Bubble that make

Fagemo
JAD
Grundstrom

3 that don’t

- #2 - unless some how we get Lafreniere
- Kaliyev
- Amadio - gets bypassed

3 possible breakouts

- Peterson
- Vilardi
- Roy

Reactions: KopitarFAN

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
3 Bubble that make

Grundstrom
Bjornfot
Anderson

3 that don’t

JAD
Clague
Amadio

breakout

Bjornfot - Will assume the role as DD partner and we'll wonder why we even bothered talking about how the kings need to acquire a vet LD all off season.

Token

May 15, 2019
Guys that make the big club unless they royally blow it: Waiver exposed prospects:

luff, Grundy. Maybe even Brickley if he shows any kind of improvement.

Guys that should make it cuz Jr.s would be a waste:

2OA pick (only Murray and Reinhart got sent back in past dozen years) and Kaliyev.

Kids I’d like to see for a decent spell once guys break and hit IR/LTIR:

Fagemo, Turcotte, Moverare,

Kids I’d like to see get a cup-o-joe for a game or few:

Kupari, JAD, Madden.

Assumption; Björnfot and Dewey be a thing, and Vilardi is the 2C for the full season.

edit: Oops, Anderson also makes it. More like never gets sent back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad