Pick 5 Players to Keep if we Miss the Playoffs

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Say the Bruins officially do not make the playoffs (which is a frightening real possibility at the moment). You can only keep 5 players on the current roster for next season. Who do you keep?

(I am not including Campbell, Paille or Bart as I feel that is unnecessary).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If I could have voted for 6, I include Eriksson. If I could include 7, Chara is #7.

Who voted for Smith!?

I voted Bergy, Pasta, Marchand, Rask, Hamilton.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Chara, Hamilton, Bergeron, Marchand, and Rask. You put the foundation down first while building a house.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara, Hamilton, Bergeron, Marchand, and Rask. You put the foundation down first while building a house.

Pasta has to be in, our future rw star, can't take another season without a real rw guy, and atleas pasta has a great potential.
Chara retires and is a mentor for our young players and helps to develop our future D guys.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The limit is 5. If the limit were 8, he'd look much better.

Krug (whom most of the board touts as a 3rd pairing Dman), Spooner and a few others are going to dwarf him. It's still pretty telling given that he's our #1 C when healthy, and has finished in the top 4 for scoring on our team every one of the last 6 years before this one. I believe he's the only Bruin who can say that.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bergeron, Rask, Dougie, Pastrnak are an easy four. From there Marchand has shown the skill and heart this team needs so he gets the 5th spot over Krejci but he should stay around along with Krug.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Say the Bruins officially do not make the playoffs (which is a frightening real possibility at the moment). You can only keep 5 players on the current roster for next season. Who do you keep?

(I am not including Campbell, Paille or Bart as I feel that is unnecessary).

To me, the "core" going forward are: Patrice, Rask, Dougie, both David's, Krug, Milan & Brad. Would even add Spooner to this list, given the dearth of speed & skill. As much as it pains me, I would explore a trade involving Z as well. PS almost certain he's playing hurt & will require surgery.

Realize many would quibble with #17 & #63. Not me. They bring unique value to the Bruins, and although both have their warts, they are just *26* years old.

Looking forward to a genuine retool of this team in the offseason, which is plainly in order. It's been a real s*** show.

Give PC the opportunity to remedy the situation in the summer, please. So many here are refexively negative, "Fire PC! Fire Julien! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Chill, Chicken Little. If he & his group prove unable to address their myriad problems, then change is in order. To jettison Peter Chiarelli and/or Claude Julien after one atrocious season when the other seven have been * pretty effing successful, wouldn't you say?* is a rash, purblind view. Bad mgt. decisions have been made, and not just this year; the coach is too conservative, it's true. Blah effing blah.

It's been a bad year. One bad year (and yes, there have been epic fails in the past). Yet the situation can be redressed & is eminently salvageable going forward.

Forrest for the trees. I'd love to be a mid 90's to 2005 B's fan. Or, please God, a Carolina Hurricanes fan, or a long time member of Leafs nation.

Said again:

Be careful what you wish for, Virginia.

*You just might get it.*

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Maaan i really don't like not picking Krejci.

Should be 6 players. Him, Bergy, Marchand, Pasta, Dougie, and Tuukka.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
To me, the "core" going forward are: Patrice, Rask, Dougie, both David's, Krug, Milan & Brad. Would even add Spooner to this list, given the dearth of speed & skill. As much as it pains me, I would explore a trade involving Z as well. PS almost certain he's playing hurt & will require surgery.

Realize many would quibble with #17 & #63. Not me. They bring unique value to the Bruins, and although both have their warts, they are just *26* years old.

Looking forward to a genuine retool of this team in the offseason, which is plainly in order. It's been a real s*** show.

Give PC the opportunity to remedy the situation in the summer, please. So many here are refexively negative, "Fire PC! Fire Julien! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Chill, Chicken Little. If he & his group prove unable to address their myriad problems, then change is in order. To jettison Peter Chiarelli and/or Claude Julien after one atrocious season when the other seven have been * pretty effing successful, wouldn't you say?* is a rash, purblind view. Bad mgt. decisions have been made, and not just this year; the coach is too conservative, it's true. Blah effing blah.

It's been a bad year. One bad year (and yes, there have been epic fails in the past). Yet the situation can be readdressed & is eminently salvageable going forward.

Forrest for the trees. I'd love to be a mid 90's to 2005 B's fan. Or, please God, a Carolina Panthers fan, or a long time member of Leafs nation.

Said again:

Be careful what you wish for, Virginia.

*You just might get it.*

I have to ask again, how good can Z be if he needs a lower body injury, seids isn't looking that good and Z is a lot bigger and older.
He's fit but his knees won't know it, his size is his biggest weakness right now.
There's a real possibility that he's even worse next year, don't want that but there's a chance.

Last edited:

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Bergeron, Dougie, Pastrnak are givens.
Tuukka.
Picked Krejci over Marchand because in my opinion, he's the better player.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I have to ask again, how good can Z be if he needs a lower body injury, seids isn't looking that good and Z is a lot bigger and older.
He's fit but his knees won't know it, his size is his biggest weakness right now.
There's a real possibility that he's even worse next year, don't want that but there's a chance.

It's a drag. You wish everything could stay the same and that Z & Dennis were what they were. But it's just not so.

I actually believe that given substantial time to recover, both can be valuable players. I don't see the B's going forward with both, or even either. It's a drag, but you've got to move on, and if lucky & smart, bring in decent return.

I'll be there to shake Seidenberg's hand if he's amenable, and there, in spirit if nowhere else, to salute Z when his number ascends to the rafters.

And let's not forget Tim. No Thomas, no Cup. People forget, as they are prone to do. But those guys, and others, were special. Together, they graced us, "The Fellowship of the Miserablle," with "that championship season." How quickly we forget.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's a drag. You wish everything could stay the same and that Z & Dennis were what they were. But it's just not so.

I actually believe that given substantial time to recover, both can be valuable players. I don't see the B's going forward with both, or even either. It's a drag, but you've got to move on, and if lucky & smart, bring in decent return.

I'll be there to shake Seidenberg's hand if he's amenable, and there, in spirit if nowhere else, to salute Z when his number ascends to the rafters.

And let's not forget Tim. No Thomas, no Cup. People forget, as they are prone to do. But those guys, and others, were special. Together, they graced us, "The Fellowship of the Miserablle," with "that championship season." How quickly we forget.

I love these 2(seids+chara) and what they have done, but there always comes a time when it's time to move on, this is professional sport where millions are on the line and the love for the game is strong.

I'm 24 and I've had some pretty rough knee injuries and surgeries thanks to hockey and I know they'll take a long time to recover, 1 summer is not going to be enough for chara at his age and size, ofcourse he has the best advisors and all but I don't see it working out that well.

Right now I'm kinda hoping Chara would retire and stayed with the club, be a mentor and help our D players to develop, get the respect he deserves and he wouldn't have to go through a trade at this point anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad