Pick 5 different teams to win the next 5 cups.

Who will win a cup in the next 5 years? Vote 5 times please.

• Total voters

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
:bolts:vegas
full
:avs
full

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Tampa and Boston have been too good to not win it one of these years.

It’s hard to believe McDavid doesn’t win a cup within the next five years, especially with Edmonton turning things around this season.

Colorado probably wins it in another few seasons.

And I’ll go with the Rangers as a homer vote. But it’s not that unlikely, considering we are going to probably contend coming up the next number of seasons.

I think the Rangers are a good bet here.

They have a strong roster and an excellent prospect pool. The key for them is to break through in the next 3-4 years while Panarin is still dominant.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I picked Boston, St. Louis, Colorado, Tampa, and Carolina.

Edit: On another note, it scares me how many people are voting for the Avs.

Reactions: MaKarter

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Homer view I don't believe will happen, Tampa, Vegas, Boston, st. Louis

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They have a strong roster and an excellent prospect pool. The key for them is to break through in the next 3-4 years while Panarin is still dominant.

Exactly. Thats what I have been saying. Zibanejad and Panarin are in their prime now. This upcoming window has to be when we win. And Shestyorkin is 24, so he's also entering his prime.

I think if the Rangers hit on their 2017 and 2018 top ten picks, there would be more merit into saying the team could role over the primes of Zibanejad and Panarin into the primes of the top 10 picks from that generation, but of the Rangers four key players currently, Panarin, Zibanejad, Fox and Shestyorkin, all were picked in an earlier draft than the Rangers 2017 rebuild began. And all the main complimentary players, DeAngelo, Trouba, Buchnevich, Strome, Kreider, Lindgren also were picked before the 2017 rebuild began. I suspect at least a few from the rebuilding drafts like Chytil, Kakko, Lundkvist will turn into contributors, but the team's gotta win in the upcoming years. We can't be building the team based on futures just because we had a high ranked prospect pool or the youngest team in the league.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
St. Louis - defending champs and their Cup window is still wide open with their entire team in their prime pretty much. I hope we win one more.

Colorado - they have to win with MacKinnon and Makar, right?

Tampa Bay - not much explanation needed. No excuse to not win with that roster.

Philadelphia - solid team that finally has their goalie. I think AV is a good enough coach to get it done too. They might be the next team that ends the long drought.

NYR - with Panarin, their young talent and young goalies, just a hunch here over anyone else remaining.

TheNeutralPresident

Feb 29, 2020
The Neutral Planet
:bruins:bolts:edmonton:avs:leafs

Boston is win now
Tampa is win now
Edmonton is win in 2-3 years
Colorado is win whenever they feel like
Toronto is win in 2-3 years but couldn't see Colorado not winning in the next 4 years

My gut says maybe

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Boston, Tampa, Carolina, Colorado, Winnipeg
Had to throw my team in there. I think it's still possible, even though we lost a great player in Byfuglien.

Mar 26, 2010
Colorado
Tampa
Boston
St. Louis

I would like to see Toronto win a Cup to add to the Current reining NBA World Champion Toronto Raptors (but not sure they can with the team they have now).

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Oh whoops. Thought this was who I wanted to see win. Original votes:

Carolina, Vegas, Florida, Chicago, Seattle

changed to:

Boston, Tampa, Colorado, Washington, Carolina

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Toronto getting votes with how bad they are and how bad their cap situation is is pretty surprising
Likely a flat cap for the term of the new CBA could mean we see the Avs and the Bruins (two smart teams with their cap) win the next five Cups.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Toronto getting votes with how bad they are and how bad their cap situation is is pretty surprising
They're not bad. They are a perennial playoff team that is still one of the youngest in the league and most talented on paper. Everything that could have went wrong this season did and they still made the playoffs. They just need a bit more sandpaper and for one of Sandin/Liljegren to pan out as a top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad