Trade: [PHX/WSH] Bradley Beal for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, multiple second-round picks and pick swaps

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Suns are gonna have to trade Ayton just to have a bench.

Do the Wizards still release Paul?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
NBA trades will never make sense to me lol
Beal has the only no-trade clause in the NBA.

He could pick his destination and essentially decide who gets traded for too, as he had every interest in making sure his new team was in very good shape to win once he got there.

The Wizards get basically nothing of value but they clear long-term cap room and they'll start a multi-year tanking process now I would imagine.

Reactions: Voight and Canes

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
4 max contracts

Enjoy paying a gazillion bajillion in luxury taxes

But the owner seems motivated, so good for him.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
“The luxury tax total doesn’t fit on my calculator”

- Windhorst

Guy’s got jokes
but in all seriousness he may be serious, they have 5 players currently on the payroll, and are gonna fly past the second apron like it is a sign on the side of the road.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Probably the best move you can do with the Paul contract, but I can't help but think this solves none of the Suns issues from the past year. Still have no bench, questionable defensively, but maybe they can outscore their problems. With Beal and KD both having injury histories there's a lot of variability here. Hope for their sake it's worth the luxury tax bill.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
you can add beal to the never ending list of stars KD has played with throughout his career

westbrick
harden
curry
klay
kyrie
booker
paul
beal

no one's had more help in league history

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
This just sounds fishy - Bradley Beal's agent is Mark Bartelstein and his son Josh Bartelstein is CEO of the Suns.
:huh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird trade. Suns give up nothing but Beal also doesn’t seem like the type of player they needed. It’ll be interesting to see how they fill out their roster now. Ayton’s probably getting traded.

Wizards completely screwed this up from the beginning but at least they can start a complete rebuild now. Better late than never!

Btw, CP3 confirmed what everyone already assumed, even after Ishbia denied it:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad